Should I Stay Home Or Go To My First Trial Tomorrow?

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

:thumbsup::) I performed badly bad handler was looking down and talking to the dog, he was lagging due to the grounds being so wet and knew we were done for so tryed to encourage him :rofl: , the ground was sopping wet and midget guts wasnt havin a bar of anything hehe but it was good experience for me..

:) I dont know little Midget Guts but love him to bits !!!! and I cant imagine him liking a wet bot bot.

Good on you for going. Its great to try and experience everything. Wet, cold, windy, dusty, hot etc Its your first one under your belt and you will feel better each time, and the more ring exposure for Midget Guts the better. :thumbsup:

I screwed the heeling up he wasnt to bad but stupid me had to look down and talk to him,he did a perfect stand for exam but sat just before the judge said exercise finished oops, his recall mmm he forgot what to do after doing perfect recalls for months at training I had to call him a second time then he was kinda not keen to come as he had to go through a large muddy patch :thumbsup: On to groups was perfect in the sit stay, but the down stay his tum tum was getting wet so he sat up, he thought about leaving the ring alltogether but decided maybe not considering he has a husky one side and a g shep the other, so he stayed next to his marker all be it sideways little brat :laugh:as normal he got himself a fan club while competing arrghhh people kept wanting to cuddle him...

post-7867-1188038697_thumb.jpg

Edited by varicool

If he gets a cold belly maybe you could put a coat on him to help buffer the cold/wet when trialling in that situation. I know someone up in cairns with two small poodle crosses - they both have these cute jumpers that cover their bellies quite well!

You may want to check rules for dog coats. I've not trialed in obedience for a while, but when I was, if they wore a coat they had to do so for the whole class, not just for the group stays.

I'd love to see a photo of Harvey being an obedience doggie, as distinct from a couch potato. I had this wonderful image of the group stays, from your description.

Its a rule change its in the new rule book you are allowed to have it on in just one part ie the groups, I checked it with the judge before entering and also the rule book, its a pity I didnt take notice of all the other rules :hitself: I will get some piccies of him in groups for you sidoney,one of the members of my group took piccies but not of groups..here is a mini group for you hehe, Harvey is no couch potatoe he is an action man :shrug:

tmpphpwmX6gi.jpg

d42.jpg

harvey093.jpg

Edited by varicool

I am very impressed with your little guy! I found it really difficult to get my chi x to stay with her bum on the ground for any lenght of time. Took me ages to get her to sit while I just walked around her. (She thinks she's so cute rules don't apply).

My girl hates doing things in wet grass let alone rain. At my 2nd agility comp on the weekend it had been wet in Sydney and she was on first. The course ground had longer grass out the back so she was really not at all keen. Lucky it wasn't actually raining as she tends to refuse to get in wet tunnels.

The first comp must be so nerve wracking so well done. I supose you are planning for the next time.

I love Harveys little harness in the photo posted. Is it a brand available in NSW?