Looking For An Afternoon Obedience Class

Hi guys,

We have started Dante in obedience class, but have found that we miss out on classes due to the fact that its an early sunday morning class.

The problem with that is it is usually OH and my only day off, if you can call it that.

And ATM OH is working sunday's and I will be aswell for the next month. So for now sundays are no good.

The four of us (OH, Paris, Dante and myself) are all going for evening walks once we have come home from work (before we eat dinner), but I would really prefer Dante to do more obedience.

So does anyone know of a night class that we could attend (after we have finished work.from7:00pm)

We live in Narre Warren, and it doesnt have to be in Narre, can drive out.

Our (well OH's) other decision is to arrange a trainer to come get him do the training with him then drop him home, but I would rather it be us, more to the point of the bonding.

Any advise will be appreciated.

TIA.

ADT is at Chisolm at Berwick sat mornings

THey are great!

The problem with saturdays is if I work the sunday, i take the saturday off, so unfortunatley mornings aren't ideal, due to me needing a sleep in as I really need the time to unwind. (It sounds selfish I know.)

Staff'n'Toller Posted 29th Aug 2007 - 10:18 PM

Berwick Obedience run on Saturday afternoons....not sure if that helps or you are looking for weeknight group?

Mel.

Yeah I am preferring an afternoon class. One that starts around 6:30/7:00.

As Staff n toller said - Berwick Obedience is on saturday afternoons. And as Kristie said ADT Berwick is on sat mornings - I have just joined there, and I love it. I can not speak highly enough of the trainers, they are wonderful.

ADT also has the benifit of being able to train of a night during the week too. Also with ADT you can attend as many centres as you like per week, it is really up to you. And anther great thing I have found it that the dog joins not the person. So if you are sick or something the OH can take the dog or you can change back and forward as to who takes the dogs. As someone that has been there for a couple of years and been to a few differant obidence clubs (VCA and not) I just find ADT to be soooo much help and they do socilisation which not a lot of clubs do. It is really a place to train you do to be a part of your life not just to walk to straight lines and do turns like a robot (Not saying this is not a great way to train, just not everyone is after this type of training) My dogs and I just love going to ADT!!!! :thumbsup:

Edited by RachelleBuck

ADT also has the benifit of being able to train of a night during the week too. Also with ADT you can attend as many centres as you like per week, it is really up to you. And anther great thing I have found it that the dog joins not the person. So if you are sick or something the OH can take the dog or you can change back and forward as to who takes the dogs. As someone that has been there for a couple of years and been to a few differant obidence clubs (VCA and not) I just find ADT to be soooo much help and they do socilisation which not a lot of clubs do. It is really a place to train you do to be a part of your life not just to walk to straight lines and do turns like a robot (Not saying this is not a great way to train, just not everyone is after this type of training) My dogs and I just love going to ADT!!!! :rofl:

Well sounds good, can I get a contact number then please and what does ADT stand for?

Erny Posted 30th Aug 2007 - 11:18 AM

And there is the Rotty Club (which allows other breeds) which runs Wednesday nights at the KCC.

Can I also get a direct contact number for this too please?

Thanks guys.