Favourite Flea/tick/heartworm Prevention Combos?

I use Sentinel Spectrum once a month. What is the difference between that and Interceptor???

Interceptor only does heartworm & intestinal worms, Sentinal Spectrum does heartworm, intestinal worms + flea larvae & eggs.

We do Interceptor + Advantix for the 3 smaller dogs (who are inside regularly) & Sentinal Spectrum + Preventic tick collar for Ebony (who lives outside).

ETA - the heartworm & intestinal worm part of SS & Interceptor are exactly the same ingredients, SS just has an extra ingredient to do flea larvae & eggs.

Edited by MrsD

This is an absolutely mind blowing! So please correct any of this if it's wrong - just from what I've found from the online pet sites....

Advocate (monthly spot on) - Heart, Intestinal, Fleas

Revolution (monlth spot on) - Heart, Fleas, Mites

Heartguard (monthly tablet) - Heart, hook & round worms only

Sentinel (monthly tablet) - Heart, Intestinal, Flea larvae

Interceptor (monthly tablet)- Heart, Intestinal

Advantix (monthly spot on) - Fleas & Ticks

Advantage (monthly spot) - Fleas

Frontline Plus (montly spot)- Fleas & Ticks

Drontal (monthly tablet) - Intestinal worms only

So to be covered by everything except mites I could use Sentinal + Advantix or to cover everything Revolution, Advantix & Drontal?

Also as my pup is still growing (currently 12 weeks old & 15kg) and my Breeder said to expect about 1kg/week until 6 months he may grow out of the size guidelines of some of the tablets due to the number/pack. Could I give him 1 1/2 of those or would it just be better to grab the next size up before then?

I was planning on giving Poppy the yearly heartworm injection ( currently having monthly heartguard as she is too young yet for injection ) and using Advantage and Drontral as I believe that tapeworm is not necessairly covered some of the other intestinal wormers . However Sentinal sounds interesting ... if it kills flea lavae and eggs does this mean you will have a flea free dog or will you still need a spot on as well ?