Goodbye Sweet Gemma

Melo

Goodbye Gemma,

Today is the day you get to join your life friend Bella, you have been so much joy to our whole family most of all Mum and Dad who will miss you terribly. We realise your pain could no longer be handled, but know that you are now at rest from this world but playing happily and without pain with Bella biting at your heels.

Love always Melissa.

:confused:

Edited by Melo

Thankyou to you both.

Just so you know Gemma was a 13-14yo Samoyed, who started life with me then when I joined the RAAF and had to do 6 months of training mum looked after her. Mum got so attached to her I did not have the heart to take her back when I finished training, so she has lived with them for the past 10 years. Unfortunately a couple of years ago she broke one of her back legs, just running around the backyard with a toy in her mouth which she loved to do, and the other leg had to take the weight for so long that it seemed that arthritis that could have possibly already been there has just gradually got worse. To the point in the last couple of days the drugs were no longer helping and she could not get up or walk, plus she had lost all control of her 'movements'.

Mum and Dad made the heartwrenching decision yesterday and today she was off to the vets, they had only made the heartwrenching decision to let Bella (a 14yo malteseX) go a couple of months back, so this has just been a devasting time for them and me.