Quarantine

BLOWWY

Thanks kamuzz, NalaCleo, daccies & peibe :rofl:

Stormy I really really hope he pulls through for you !!

How old is he ? Had he had any vaccinations ?

How many days he he been on a drip now for ?

Also just curious to know why they are still feeding him (or trying to) if he is still vommiting ?

I would have thought that it would be best to just have him on the drip (and adding vitamin C and all the other necessary via it) and not feed him anything if he is still nauseus to let his stomach settle down ?

My little man is 17 weeks old, and as it turns out he's only had one vaccination :rofl: He started showing symptoms three hours after we brought him home.

He's been on a drip now for 7 days (and I've only owned him for 8), and we're hoping that he has started to turn the corner - Vet has said the next 24 / 48 hours will tell us if he's actually on the mend. I'm wanting to get really excited, but after doing that earlier this week then having him crash, don't want to get too far ahead of myself again :)

His protein levels have climbed back to 8%, the meds from oncology are working, hasn't vomited for 17 hours, still has diarrhea.

I couldn't imagine bringing any pup / unvaccinated dog into my house / car for years lest it face what my little man has. After having read about parvo, and others experiences with it here on DOL still didn't prepare me for the reality. It's bloody awful (no pun intended). I take my hat off to those that have dealt with it on multiple occasions. I really don't ever wish to be that close to it again.

BLOWWY - Sorry to hear you've lost your pup to this awful disease. Though I personally wouldn't be bringing a young pup into your home for a few years at the very least. Maybe an older pup (6 months +) which has been fully vaccinated would be an option.

It's bloody awful (no pun intended). I take my hat off to those that have dealt with it on multiple occasions. I really don't ever wish to be that close to it again.

:) Whole heartedly agree with you - so glad I had Cordy at the end of the phone when I needed some sane advice.

Is he any better today Stormy?

He's through the worst of it :thumbsup:

Still has diarrhea, no vomiting though since yesterday lunchtime. Protein up to 10%.

He's been walking around and has even eaten some chicken, so all is looking good.

I wanted to bring him home tomorrow but was told Saturday morning would be the earliest that they'd recommend him leave.

Can't wait to get my gorgeous little man home......mind you first stop will be the bath, he stinks :thumbsup:

You can buy - from wholesalers, or from your vet, viricides which will kill the parvo virus - and will kill it in the presence of soil. Bleach will not kill it in the presence of soil. You can then spray anywhere you do not want to bleach - ie, car interior, your clothes, shoes etc, and the garden.

I had a couple of parvo pups (rescue) - they were quite well for a couple of days, and then became ill. So they were spreading it from the day they arrived. I sprayed absolutely everything with a viricide - carpets,walls, shrubs, gadens, lawn, fences, car, and washed all clothes in it. That was a few years ago (I don't live there any more) but had a few litters, and no problems.