Fractured Patella

Has anyone dealt with and cared for a dog with a fractured patella ? There are no additional injuries, all ligaments are intact and are not damaged.

I know about the 6 weeks strict rest, is there anything else that we could look at to aid recovery ? Swimming is not an option as there are no pools within 300kms.

Any other suggestions most welcome, natural therapy, massage etc.

I think the pain factor only comes into it when he gets a knock playing, other than that you would think he's 100% fit. There's a little bit of swelling on the patella. We/vet initially thought it was a heavy knock and bruised, rested the dog things looked better and then as soon as he was allowed back at it, he knocked it again and is sore.

Will be waiitng on the offical comfirmation but will get a head start on the treatment , as it only involves strict crate rest and can't do any harm. It should heal OK as there isn't any other damage just the patella.

I guess that's what you get for being super fit and playing hard all day every day, someone was bound to do themselves an injury sooner or later.

Has anyone dealt with and cared for a dog with a fractured patella ? There are no additional injuries, all ligaments are intact and are not damaged.

I know about the 6 weeks strict rest, is there anything else that we could look at to aid recovery ? Swimming is not an option as there are no pools within 300kms.

Any other suggestions most welcome, natural therapy, massage etc.

Use 1/2ml merolin & abit of the dogs blood mixed together in a syringe with a 25gauge x 5/8" needle a spray behind the patella from top to bottom a should keep it in place, rest for 10 days

Are we talking a pug? When I had an issue that needed swimming I went to the warehouse and just brought a little one for $50. Set up poles so I could loosely fasten the dog in the middle and as long as they couldn't reach the ground the dog paddling to stay afloat worked fine. Really did help