A Tribute To Cindy

jemappelle

Cindy came into my life in February 1992 as a young (10-12 months) ACD X from the Wollongong RSPCA shelter.

She was very thin and timid at first but after lots of love and attention she blossomed into the perfect dog for me. She seemed to understand whatever I said to her and learnt very quickly the basic training commands from someone who didn't have much of an idea herself then.

She was very fond of the cats and would often be found laying with her head in the box with the mums and the newborn kittens. She would also carry the kittens around if I let her. A very gentle girl.

In the last couple of years she suffered from arthritis and PRA. By early January this year she was totally blind and deaf but coping very well and still loving her walks (on-lead) in the off-leash dog park. About 6 weeks she was diagnosed with cancer and renal failure. With medication she was still leading a good quality of life but this morning she had a funny turn while eating her breakfast and died while I watched helplessly. It was all such a shock but it happened very quickly and so I know she didn't suffer and I am glad that I was there with her at the end.

Rest in Peace my beautiful girl.

post-19-1089252292.jpg

Edited by jemappelle

Whatever that oh so special thing is...(particularly with dogs), she had it!

What a gal....thats a lot to miss!

She sure challenges the theory that such `workin dogs hate cats` :rofl:

Further proof positive that each dog is unique and should be judged on individual merit! Not many people would believe her love and nurturing of kittens :rofl:

You can see the intelligence, compassion and nurturing in that ol expression

Rest assured she barks on ... in open fields on sunny days and full moons

Rejoice in having walked this world with her

And remember her in everything beautiful

With you in spirit

Kind regards and condolences

Sue and clan

Edited by sa