Lou Is Not Well

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

When was the surgery?

The surgery was on friday.

I feel so awul as we concentrated on Andy's recovery more as he had a more major surgery for an undescended testicle. Andy is fine, bouncing around, and Its poor Lou we should have been keeping an eye on.

In that case I'd be seeing the vet as soon as poss. I thought if it was only done today he may still be a bit groggy. Also agree with other who have said bring him inside tonight and realise that you'll probably have to bring both in - being siblings and together all the time. Perhaps crate them in you bedroom so you can keep an eye during the night.

They sleep inside in a crate every night, but its too big for our bedroom. I think I will leave him in the living room where he is now and sleep on the sofa with him

Hmmm. My first instinct would have been to call the vet, also.

Can you find a 24hour vet nearby? At least have a plan in case you have to take him to an emergency vet. Have their number on your mobile, so you can just get up and go if needed.

No fever doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

Hmmm. My first instinct would have been to call the vet, also.

Can you find a 24hour vet nearby? At least have a plan in case you have to take him to an emergency vet. Have their number on your mobile, so you can just get up and go if needed.

No fever doesn't mean there's nothing wrong.

Thanks poodle wrangler, I have some vet numbers ready just in case I need them.

Just saw this thread, sending lots of healing vibes for the poor boy. Also check and make sure he is hydrated especially as he's doesn't seem to be drinking at all.

If possible can you boil up some chicken and give him the cooled broth to drink, he may be a bit more interested in that. Please keep us posted. :)

Lou seems to be a bit brighter this morning. I managed to get him to eat a can of sardines, some milk and eggs and he had about 4 licks of water. Have spoken to the vet who just said to leave him to rest as the shot he gave him will wack him about. We have to take him back again tonight for another check up. I am at work, OH is at home with him.

Miss Shimmer sends love and licks for Lou. She misses the boys at the off lead area - has no-one to run with ATM. Hope Lou is feeling better soon (I'm sure he will be fine). Shimmer has had her little op as well which is why we have been missing for a week or so.

Thanks every one for your well wishes. I will keep you all posted once we get back from the vets tonight.

BOF - we miss Miss shimmer too - she certainly leads the boys on a merry dance. I think it will be at least another week or 2 before we are back.

I forgot to mention he did a pee on the floor last night - which I thought was a good sign.

Cazz, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly the boys recover. Shimmer had a particularly long cut and 5 stitches but that didn't stop her (although I tried my hardest). She was running like a loon just 3-4 days after her op. Although, she is a girl so that might explain her quicker recovery :)

Cazz, I think you'll be surprised at how quickly the boys recover. Shimmer had a particularly long cut and 5 stitches but that didn't stop her (although I tried my hardest). She was running like a loon just 3-4 days after her op. Although, she is a girl so that might explain her quicker recovery ;)

Hehehe that's true! You know what these men are like when they get sick! OH has just reported in - he has eaten a handful of kibble, taken a drink and wandered out in to the garden. this is much better than he was.

If only we had been given the anti biotics like Andy had (Andy had bigger op for undescended testicle - apologies for repeating myself).

It's hard not to worry about the dear little pets. He'll be fine - just may take a little longer than Andy - even though Andy had a bigger op!

Look forward to seeing them again in the park.