Bitten By Something ?

wolfgirl

Pearl was outside playing tonight and came in the house and about 20 mins later she got on the couch and hung her head down and I noticed all this blood coming from under her cheek cleaned it all up and can't find any puncture wounds or any bite marks but it is very red and a little sore. I have bathed it and put some cream on it, only thing I can think of is she has been bitten by something, she's quite normal and sleeping after a big day out.

DSCF5733.jpg

DSCF5732.jpg

DSCF5728.jpg

Looks like a "hot spot" to me. Aparently "cure rash" cream or powder or plain listerine will do the trick although I havent had to try them myself. Very common problem is alot of breeds. I am a groomer and see it in Golden Retreivers all the time. You can also wash the area in malaseb shampoo from the vet

a hot spot is an area that becomes raw with yellow pus around it normally. Its from excessive scratching /chewing, may be caused from a minor fungal infection or an itchy spot that is continually scratched. Its best to shave the hair there and apply Ilium neocort cream, well thats how we do it at work, seems to work well though others have cheaper options which may have as good an effect. I haven't tried the other ways.