Dick Van Pattens Or Eaglepack?

Hey everyone,

I'm a bit undecided on which food is best. From what I can gather Dick Van Pattens has better ingredients but I'm curious as to whether you've found your dog actually eats less (because they're getting more out of it). Whether they like the taste better and what those who have tried both think is best?

If you have switched from a less than premium brand to either of the above have your dogs noticeably eaten less or is it played up a bit?

I can't remember what the ingredients are in DVP but there was something in there that my dog couldn't eat, so it's the Eagle Pack holistic fish one and the Eukanuba FP for him, with Ziwipeak for treats.

Just of interest, the Eukanuba FP contains a preservative called Ethoxyquin (commonly used to preserve fish based products) about which there are some health concerns (my dog's accupunturist brought this tomy attention so I did a little research). I know it has been discussed on this forum before...a search might be of interest. The EP holisitc range uses an alternate (natural) preservative. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

I can't remember what the ingredients are in DVP but there was something in there that my dog couldn't eat, so it's the Eagle Pack holistic fish one and the Eukanuba FP for him, with Ziwipeak for treats.

Just of interest, the Eukanuba FP contains a preservative called Ethoxyquin (commonly used to preserve fish based products) about which there are some health concerns (my dog's accupunturist brought this tomy attention so I did a little research). I know it has been discussed on this forum before...a search might be of interest. The EP holisitc range uses an alternate (natural) preservative. Just a thought. :thumbsup:

what about the non-holistic range NAO? does it contain Ethoxyquin?

I am an Eagle Pack feeder - Louie is only a baby but he has a fantastic coat, he is beautiful and muscular, stacks of energy and great little poops (He is even doing them outside, yay!)

ever heard of the other one but a family friend of ours was feeding Eukanuba and switched to eagle pack as her Weim was getting allergies, she has not looked back either.

On the quantities fed I do find my dogs are a bit grumpy about the lower qty fed of the premium food. Has anyone else found their dogs looked dissatisfied by the amount?? Mine will look in their bowls with a 'is that all' look!

On the quantities fed I do find my dogs are a bit grumpy about the lower qty fed of the premium food. Has anyone else found their dogs looked dissatisfied by the amount?? Mine will look in their bowls with a 'is that all' look!

Sometimes, so what I do is soak the dog's food in water overnight - it puffs up to about three times it size! There you go premium food and doggy that thinks it has been fed enoguh - welll almost enough, we all know most dogs never think they have been fed enough!

HA! I could give Gomez the whole bag and he would still think it wasn't enough... :D

Don't worry, you may have well been seeingt that look all along, but you are now attributing it to them not thinking it's enough b/c you know you're feeding them less... does that make sense?

I'd never heard of Pookinuk until now, thanks for the heads up :hug: . I can't believe the delivery fee is only $5. I'm excited!!!