Supercoat Dry?

austen

Gives my dogs the runs, but there are some dogs that do well on it.

Thanks - I use Nutro at the moment, but for some reason our dog has decided that she no longer likes it. A friend says her dog loves it but I wasn't sure what the quality was like?

Gives my dogs the runs, but there are some dogs that do well on it.

Thanks - I use Nutro at the moment, but for some reason our dog has decided that she no longer likes it. A friend says her dog loves it but I wasn't sure what the quality was like?

I would stick with Nutro. Just mix something in with it such as a little bit of cottage cheese, small bit of mince, or even just some warm water and they normally devour it.

I find it's OK but nothing specical. My dog is eating it at the moment as we ran out of food and needed to grab him something ASAP.

His poos are at least 3 times the size of normal though! and quite... aerated. And he reguarly gasses us with his SBD's :hug:

It also doesn't last long. A bag of Innova lasts us at least 4x longer than Supercoat - but it's mostly because Charlie would rather not eat than eat Innova.

Edited by deltron

Methinks perhaps your dog is having you on?.

We have been feeding Nutro for just over 7 years, we have 5 shelties and a birman, and have raised 4 litters on Nutro as well.

We feed Nutro as the basis of their diet, then sardines, Ziwipeak and chicken wings.

Probably. We give her the daily reccommended amont of Nutro in the morning.We also feed her chicken and lamb necks and at night give her either BARF patties, or a mixture of rice and vegetables with either raw chicken, beef or kangaroo. I think we are feeding her way more than what she is supposed to be eating, but she is still very thin. (She is an extrememly active dog though.)

Methinks perhaps your dog is having you on?.

How can the dog be having someone on? Not all dogs like Nutro, mine didn't.

Maybe he/she meant that the dog was gettng a bit fussy (which I think she is) because it is obvious she prefers the raw chicken,beef mixed with veges etc to the dry.

Guest Steph & Bam

I feed Supercoat Adult Active. With Bam I swear by it. It's the only food that hasn't given him the runs after being a sustained part of the diet. I have tried the high quality premium foods and they gave Bam the runs really badly.

We were feeding our non-show dogs on Supercoat, then the recipe changed and everything changed for the worse (for our dogs anyway), now the non show dogs are on OmniPro Senior (for the old boy) and my Newf is on OmniPro Lamb & Rice as he can get itchies- no itchies as yet though.

My 2 show dogs are on Eagle Pack Holistic Chicken and they are doing very well so will stick with that for the time being.

If I need to get some food in a hurry, I like Purina ONE from the supermarket, well, I don't like it :) but the dogs do well!

You could also try adding some Nature's Gift tinned food (it's not a typical can food.....) for a bit of extra flavour if your dog isn't eating the Nutro anymore.