Hydrobaths

ishka

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone one owns or has experience with hydrobaths from Hydrobaths Australia (www.hydrobaths.com.au)? I'm currently looking at buying one of there Autofill Hydrobaths. Also there is an added option for "Float switches to stop heaters burning out - $126" is this worth the extra money, or is it an upgrade that I don't really need?

Cheers,

Ishka

I recently brought a hydrobaths australia auto fill model.

Well it actually turned out to be a 2 year old model when i brought it from Petbarn,so nothing to do with Hydrobaths Aust ,it was a petbarn problem for letting stock sit around.Anyway,Jose from Hydrobaths Aust was shocked that it was still sitting on the floor at Petbarn and gave me my warrantly from the date i actually brought it,he was very good to deal with.

I don't have the thing to stop the heater burning out but after this morning i wish i had.I have mine outside under a pergola and usually leave water in the sealed unit but for some reason i let it out last time i used it.This morning i hook power up,turn heater on and for some reason after about a minute i took the cover off to see it was going and discovered no water in there and flames starting to come out of it.Luckliy i was able to put water in there straight away and it still works fine so i'd say that the extra would probably be worth it

Will you be using it just for home use or business?

Edited by 4 Paws

"Float switches to stop heaters burning out - $126" is this worth the extra money, or is it an upgrade that I don't really need?

Definitely worth it!!!!!!! I dont have it but I wish that I did seeing how many elements I've blown lately :) Seeing that the elements only cost a little less than that, and you no doubt blow one or two in your time..... or maybe more than 7 like me :confused:

Hydrobaths Australias service is awesome too.

I have just ordered my Hydrobath Australia single tank bath today. I am soooo excited! Following everyone's advice her at DOL and after talking to Marshall at Perfect Paws I have ordered the following:

DW Ultimate, electric rinse facility, dual doors, skirt and wheels, 4 tie points (just covering every possibility LOL), element protection, drain tap and insert table.

Marshall has been very patient with me, explaining the ins and outs of each option, I actually feel like I know what I'm doing now!

So once my hydraulic table turns up and the hydrobath, I just need to make a decision on the dryer and get these kennels built and watch out all SWF's within cooee.

My bath is from Liberty in Victoria, I have been using it almost daily for about 5 yrs and I have left it on over night without water more times than I would like to know about. Not a good idea, wish I didn't.

I have never burnt out an element, this model has 2. 1 in the wash tank and 1 in the huge rinse tank.

I don't know about the bath that you said, but thought that I would comment about the heating element. Honestly if I had been burning out elements I would be wondering just how good the product is. I would recommend this bath to anyone. If I need to replace it I will be going back to the same company.

Well I compared two makers of baths when I placed my order for my new hydrobath

I compared the manufacturers of the one you are looking at and a new one from Perfect Paws.

I am getting the perfect paws one & cant wait for it to arrive next week :thumbsup:.. I looked at it at the Expo in Melbourne a few weeks ago & I love it plus the service from the guys I was talking to at the stand was fantastic! And teh follow up service from Perfect paws has been fantastic as well.

I am getting it in a beautiful finish it is maroon with gold flecks, the finish is aesthetically pleasing which I like. and the fittings are actually metal, I actually found a few things that were optional on the HA baths came as standard on the perfect paws ones, so there was not a big add on of extras to the cost... PLUS the dryers on the perfect paws baths are now built in under the bath so they are not just whacked on the side sticking out there in the road.

I will see if I can find a picture of it if you like

post-3882-1194638103_thumb.jpg

post-3882-1194638130_thumb.jpg

Edited by bommy

I have just ordered my Hydrobath Australia single tank bath today. I am soooo excited! Following everyone's advice her at DOL and after talking to Marshall at Perfect Paws I have ordered the following:

DW Ultimate, electric rinse facility, dual doors, skirt and wheels, 4 tie points (just covering every possibility LOL), element protection, drain tap and insert table.

Marshall has been very patient with me, explaining the ins and outs of each option, I actually feel like I know what I'm doing now!

So once my hydraulic table turns up and the hydrobath, I just need to make a decision on the dryer and get these kennels built and watch out all SWF's within cooee.

Are you buying your bath from Marshall at Perfect Paws??

OR

Jose` from Hydrobaths Australia??

BIG difference... they are NOT the same company or the same baths so don't confuse the 2.

In answer to the OP, it's my opinion that if there is a chance you'd run your bath dry then YES it's worth the extra $$ .... however we've been using our Autofill for just over 6yrs now without protection and have never had the need for it BUT having said that - for some, it is a definate necessity.

Hi all,

I was just wondering if anyone one owns or has experience with hydrobaths from Hydrobaths Australia (www.hydrobaths.com.au)?

Cheers,

Ishka

Yes I own one and Yes I've dealth with the current owner BUT I am not allowed to give my opinion publicly so good luck with your purchase.

Are you buying your bath from Marshall at Perfect Paws??

OR

Jose` from Hydrobaths Australia??

BIG difference... they are NOT the same company or the same baths so don't confuse the 2.

In answer to the OP, it's my opinion that if there is a chance you'd run your bath dry then YES it's worth the extra $$ .... however we've been using our Autofill for just over 6yrs now without protection and have never had the need for it BUT having said that - for some, it is a definate necessity.

Hi HuntinHound - I bought from Marshall at Perfect Paws. I have received literature from both companies and it is identical, the add on options are idenatical and the pricing does not vary much if at all from one add on item to another and the bath sizes are identical. My understanding is that they are the same hydrobath manufacturer, jointly owned (I think I read this on another post). Anyway not to matter I have ordered it now and so far Marshall has been great - touch wood!

I have my new bath.... :(

see here :thumbsup:

http://www.dolforums.com.au/index.php?showtopic=118625

BlueFox, where they were once affiliated I believe they are not any more... maybe you got an older model??

My bath is the new improved Perfect Paws brand :confused: totally 100% over the HA baths as far as I am concerned....

No my mistake - I just read both pieces of literature and after seeing some old posts I just assumed they were still the same company. But you know what happens when you ASSume!

Anyway it is Perfect Paws I have ordered from only last Friday, so it will be the new improved one (geez that was a lucky pick on my part). I actually chose Marshall because he was just soo helpful (and the freight was heaps cheaper for me here in SA).

So excitement all round. I might have to hook it up here at home when it turns up and give it a test run, don't think I can wait till the kennels are built (probably another three months). I have opted to go with what ever colour is in the mould so it is a lucky dip, wonder what I will end up with!