Help ! If Grapes Are Toxic, Does That Mean Fruit Bread Is Too ?

littlelabrador

Just caught Molly outside, eating ! Thought, hmm, what has she got. Turned out to be a piece of fruit bread or fruit bun, with obvious sultanas in it ! We have a lot of cockatoos around here that do tend to drop food when flying over. I'd say that's how it got in our yard. Now i do know grapes are toxic, but what about the sultanas in that sort of bread. Now im worried ! What do you think ? Will it harm her ?

thanks. When someone said recently that one grape can kill, i was panic stricken to find her with this bread. Not even sure how much she ate, wouldn't have been more than half a slice. She is only 12 weeks though, not a big dog. So looks like now i will have to search the yard everyday to see if the cockatoo's have dropped anything. Its usually mandarins off a neighbour's tree, but we have found bread, and apple before too.

I doubt one grape or sultana would be that toxic but if she was to devour a bunch of grapes or similar I think there might be an issue. Next time you take Molly to visit the vet, just ask him/her what quantity is considered toxic. Something I suppose we should all have quantified and qualified.

She'll be fine. They have to eat a good quantity of these foods to be toxic. In saying that, dont feed these foods to your dog.

Mine have eaten grapes before, and eaten 3/4 bag full of chocolate bullets they found after opening the cupboard :thumbsup: I was expecting 2 days of the runs, but they were fine.

My dog, too, has eaten a grape. It was one of those big red globe variety. That was several months ago. I dont feed them to the dogs and the kids are careful but as that great ad said: "slippery little suckers" lol and I dont mean the grapes!