Groomer In Brisbane

Louie

Yes if you want to show then the dog needs to be handstripped,completely different to popping into a salon & dog is finished in 2 hrs.

You cant clip a westies coat if you want to show it.

Was the dog sold on main papers ??Was it sold as as show potential pup??

Yes if you want to show then the dog needs to be handstripped,completely different to popping into a salon & dog is finished in 2 hrs.

You cant clip a westies coat if you want to show it.

Was the dog sold on main papers ??Was it sold as as show potential pup??

yeah i have all his papers i even have the the blood lines going back at least 15 years so if i want to show him in a year i cant just have him clipped now and then later have him done by hand in 6 months

Handstripping will cost alot more than a clip.The thing with handstripping is you still have to work on the coat .Once stripped you need to maintain that coat & work on the hairs that are growing faster etc etc.

In some westies you can roll the coat but again that is weekly maintance.

You could pay for someone to strip but it doesnt just stop there,if you want to show you still need to scissor feet,head,face etc etc.

For us we charge $50 to clip a westie ,to hand strip i would charge double & with stripping the coat must be ready to be stripped

Hand stripping is quite easy once your taught but it is time consuming .

The main cost are the gear for stripping & each person uses different things to handstrip plus each dogs coat can mean a different product.

If your breeder shows i would suggest contacting them again & discussing your pup & its needs for the show ring

Edited by settrlvr