I'm So Excited

MrsD

Whisper has just turned 6 months old & has finally shown some instinct to herd & started working the sheep today.

That's all - Im very excited :laugh: .

That terrific ;)

Its the best feeling isn't, I remember when it happened to Cole, though he was about 7 months - just like the light had been turned on.

Edited by Janba

Glad to hear you are enjoying Colins next workshop!

Hope all is going well with everyone and that there will be lots of dogs out next year working hard.

Can you ask Colin when he is sending Poppy/Cath back to me please.

And it is worth being excited about ;) Clinic is going well then?

I am hanging out to get Jazz back on sheep, she is likely to be 5 months before I can try her again. I was hoping to give her a bit more exposure while she was young but life hasn't allowed that to happen. Ah well.

Thanx everyone, hopefully she will do a bit more tomorrow as well :rofl: .

Cath & piper, the clinic is great, it's my 3rd of Colin's & I learn more & more from each one I go to ;) :laugh: . Cath, I will pass on the message :p . Piper Im sure Jazz will do well when you get her out there again, she's such a cutie (not that that is a pre-requisite for working but it's always a bonus ;) ). I bet Anne will be pleased if she goes well.

Janba, certainly is a great feeling - especially since up until now she has pretty much completely ignored the sheep :rofl: .

Jules - no pics, we didnt even take the camera, we did have the video but because it was such a shock when she started to work I didnt even think about sending Dagboy to get it :( .

Thanx everyone, hopefully she will do a bit more tomorrow as well :rofl: .

Cath & piper, the clinic is great, it's my 3rd of Colin's & I learn more & more from each one I go to :offtopic::rofl: . Cath, I will pass on the message :rofl: . Piper Im sure Jazz will do well when you get her out there again, she's such a cutie (not that that is a pre-requisite for working but it's always a bonus :rofl: ). I bet Anne will be pleased if she goes well.

Well we are hoping she takes after her Dad more so than her Mum. She certainly shows signs of wanting to work things - does lovely little flanks around the ose when I am watering so I have now started popping a directional cue on when she changes direction. Then if I sop in 1 place with the hose she drops to watch. lol

Glad you enjoyed the clinc. I have a herding committee meeting tonight and am going to try and push for some clinics, even if it means I do the work setting them up. I want to get more experience with different people and hear and see some of the many different ways there are.

I would love to see Colin in action, having heard so much about the wonderful things he has managed with different dogs.

Piper, if you can get Colin to give a clinic there I know that lots of people would benefit. Just don't steal him too much, we want him up here as well :o . In respect to clinics etc, anyone different who can throw different ideas & thoughts into the pot is a big help, it gives you other things to think about & different perspectives. I think that there are lots of good trainers out there who have heaps to offer, I hope you can get some to come & help :laugh: .

Jazz is a Bailey puppy isn't she?

Whisper has shown heaps of style & eye on the other dogs :wave: but up until the weekend had just ignored the sheep in the paddock & the yard. On Sunday she still wasn't fully switched on but definitely showed the instincts (especially when I could get the sheep to move at more than a walk!) to head & balance.

I am glad that it's the middle of summer now & that Colin's clinic is over because I managed to fall down a hole that Whisper had dug in our front lawn on Monday & have damaged the ligaments in my ankle :love: & am likely to be out of action for the next 6 weeks or so :love: .