Do Puppies Eat Grass?

coco22

I've noticed that whenever I take Obi for walks, he's always eating grass. I've tried saying a firm "NO" and he would stop for a while, and I give him a treat when he stops. After that he starts to eat grass again.

Is this normal? How do I get him to stop eating grass?

Both of our RR's eat grass - our girl eats it to be sick, while our boy eats it just because he likes it. In his nearly 3 years, I have only known him to vomit once as a result of eating grass, while our 3 1/2 year old girl, will vomit probably 9 times out of 10.

yes obi is an apartment dog. i always try to distract him with a toy when he starts eating grass. but he always chose the grass over the toy. sometimes i will change path and walk on the concrete instead, then back to the grass after a while.

If you're a little concerned you can have Obi Vet checked but you'll probably find he's just one of those dogs who loves nothing more than a Grass Buffet.

LOL, Grass Buffet.

It is also seems to be a social get together for my two. They both sit at the fence line (where the grass is the longest, yes we need to whippersnip!) and one starts eating, the other follows.

Love your sig btw Sas. :laugh:

If you're a little concerned you can have Obi Vet checked but you'll probably find he's just one of those dogs who loves nothing more than a Grass Buffet.

LOL, Grass Buffet.

It is also seems to be a social get together for my two. They both sit at the fence line (where the grass is the longest, yes we need to whippersnip!) and one starts eating, the other follows.

Love your sig btw Sas. :rolleyes:

Lucky u, Emm.... that probably saves u the chore of mowing the lawn :mad