Propmatic Feeding

i have a three year old border collie pippa who has to be the fuusiest eater ever if we would let her she would be a veggie she really does not like meat at all and would rather have vegg and rice this causes us a problem are other dog will eat anything and is very healthy but because pippa would rather starve than eat she becomes ill allot has any body got any ideas on what i cols give her to maintain her health and yes ive tried cat food and every dried food goin thanks joxxxx

Healthy dogs don't starve themselves.

Common things that cause poor eating are: teeth problems, throat problems (e.g. tonsillitis) and owners!

First thing to do is get the vet to give her a thorough check, especially as you say she "becomes ill a lot".

Do you offer her a smorgasboard? i.e. she refuses the first offering, so you try something else? HAs the dog trained you (BCs are clever ;)) ? That's a sure way to create a fussy eater.

Once she's cleared by the vet, offer only one nutritious meal or 2 if you feed both morning and night. What she doesn't eat in 15 minutes is given to her at the next mealtime and so on.

More "stubborn" dogs will eat little for a couple of days, but then get the idea :D

thanks for all your sugestions the vets have looked at her and can find no reason why she wont eat we have tried taking food away after 15 mins different fresh meats but she will starve herself to deat than eat dog food the vets had her in because i think they thought i was neglecting her because she was so skinny but they soon desovered that i was righti have managed to get her to put sum weight on but its a constent struggle to get her to eat healthy she would live of rice and cottage cheese if i let het but this does not give her a healthy diet is you offered her a bone or a cucumber she would take the cucumber hands down our other dog will eat anything that is put infront of her so its so fustrating for me as she is such an intelligent dog but i really think i must have the onl vegetarian dog in the world i would be gratefull for sugestions on alternative foods to try thanks joXXX