Tracking

Im wondering if anybody can direct me to an informative web site on tracking. i dont know alot about it but would like to. I want to do tracking with my dobie boy in the future but in the mean time would like to do some research.Thanks in advance

Im wondering if anybody can direct me to an informative web site on tracking. i dont know alot about it but would like to. I want to do tracking with my dobie boy in the future but in the mean time would like to do some research.Thanks in advance

Hi

Where do you live?

I adore Tracking. It is one of the most wonderful things you can do with your dog (but not Mr Scotty, he's not interested).

The Tracking Club of Victoria hold a yearly Tracking Workshop at Shepparton (I think it's closed for this year) and during the year they hold One Day Workshops.

These Workshops were how I got hooked into Tracking plus interest and training days organised by a good friend of mine.

Maybe I'll meet you at a Tracking Trial one day with Gambit or a little foxy called Pixie Bell who needs to go into training to gain her TCh.

The following is a link to the Tracking Club of Victoria who have links to some great sites.

http://www.trackingclubvic.org.au/

Links

Tonnes of valuable information can be found in the sites below. Have fun.

If you know of any other interesting dog or tracking sites or would like your club's website listed, please let us know and we will create a link.

Please Note: All links open in a new window.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Tracking Sites

Trackwest Western Australia's Tracking Website

Tracking & Rescue Dog Club of NSW New South Wales Tracking Website

Craig Green's Tracking Articles Fantastic site (especially if you like basset hounds !!!) with heaps of good tracking info and advice on handling

Dan Tratnack's Tracking page A look at this blokes tracking adventures with some introductory type information

Dr P's Noses Know Lots and lots of articles from tracking, search and police resources

Tracking Canadian Style does it "Canadian Style"

K9events.com Some good links and information on all dog sports through this Aussie site

Search And Rescue Sites

SARDA Search and Rescue Dogs Australia (SARDA)

SARDA (Scotland) "arrrk eye, wheel feend yar missun laddy fur ya, laddy" [seriously, very cool site about air scenting and SAR. great design too]

NSARDA (UK) The National Search and Rescue Dog Association (NSARDA) in the UK. It's members are the Search and Rescue Dog Associations which are located throughout the UK.

SAR Dogs Otago Inc. Kiwi Search and rescue dogs.

Wendy

TCh Miss Annabell

Poruse Diamond Dealer "Gambit" TD

post-6277-1199353431_thumb.jpg

thaks for the replies, i'll check out the web site. i think the closest tracking to me is morwell area and im abour 1.2 hours away from there unfortunately. All my dobies rellies do tracking and its something i would like to try and get him titled along with an obedience and show title. I currently show a fair bit and will start obedience trialling this year so not sure where i'll fit it in, maybe next year, but it sure sounds like fun. Thanks again for the site link, im off to have a looky!

thaks for the replies, i'll check out the web site. i think the closest tracking to me is morwell area and im abour 1.2 hours away from there unfortunately. All my dobies rellies do tracking and its something i would like to try and get him titled along with an obedience and show title. I currently show a fair bit and will start obedience trialling this year so not sure where i'll fit it in, maybe next year, but it sure sounds like fun. Thanks again for the site link, im off to have a looky!

You sound like me! Want to try everything but not sure how to find the time :)