Melbourne Schutzhund Club

If any body here belongs to a Victorian Schutzhund club could they please PM me. There is somebody making some rather big claims about their dogs ability at training, maybe its a world beater, maybe he is fibbing, I am not sure. I also did not beleive cross bred dogs were able to be trained or compete in the sport. Is this different in other states?

Cheers

Katrina

I also did not beleive cross bred dogs were able to be trained or compete in the sport. Is this different in other states?

I don't participate in schutzhund, but did look into it some time ago and I *think* cross breeds actually are allowed to participate in attack training (if their temperament is up to it), however they're not allowed to compete.

I'm in Victoria too.

Hi KatrinaM.

If someone is sprouting egotistically about what their dog can do, what presents as the real problem? Many people sprout off about their abilities, achievements etc. Even people in public standing ..... And it is not exclusive to the dog world.

I'm presuming there is a real point behind your questioning and that it is for some benefit to someone or somedogs?

Edited by Erny

If someone is sprouting egotistically about what their dog can do, what presents as the real problem? Many people sprout off about their abilities, achievements etc. Even people in public standing ..... And it is not exclusive to the dog world.

I agree Erny, this persons dogs wouldnt be as good as mine anyway. :)

Yes, I am actually getting them to type my reply's. :)

Pffft ! That's nothing. Now, if you could bring your dogs over to do my housework, THEN I'd class them as "world beaters" and you as "righteously egotistical" :D

i dont mean to be rude to any one but i hate it when people say attack work/training

its protection work/training

the reason is it gives some people the wrong impression of what the sport is about

same with security training

i dont mean to be rude to any one but i hate it when people say attack work/training

the reason is it gives some people the wrong impression of what the sport is about

Sorry :rolleyes: I'm not up with Schutzhund lingo, but wanted to answer the OP's question. Although if the dog IS being trained to attack then I don't see why it's a terrible thing to refer to it as such.

Sorry :rolleyes: I'm not up with Schutzhund lingo, but wanted to answer the OP's question. Although if the dog IS being trained to attack then I don't see why it's a terrible thing to refer to it as such.

That's why.

schutzhund, knpv,security,police k9s and a few other dog sports are all about protecting the handler

no one wants a dog to attack any one

but to protect some one is different

i dont mean to come across arigant(?)

Thats right myszka schutzhund is a sport that has three phases to it. It is a very complex sport and only the very dedicated ones get results,even many so called dog trainers struggle successfully put together all the three parts tracking, obedience and the character work together.

I'm with Erny, who cares if people brag about their dogs loudly and unnecessarily. I just switch off when this happens. In saying this, watch out for some photo brags from me coming soon as soon as I work out photo bucket LOL :o Can someone set me straight here, I thought the Schutzhund 'protection' work is really called Character Work. It is a test of the dog's character/courage rather than teaching to attack or hurt or even, to a degree, protect. That is how I understand it. it's nothing macho or anything silly, it's a sincere test of the dog's courage. Well that's what I thought. If it's Sch. anyway...