Vets All Natural

Hi All

Was wondering if any of you have heard of or used / are using Vets All Natural pet food and what you think of it.

Thanks in advance

I got a small freebie bag which I intended to try.

But then I read the "soak overnight" bit, and well I'm really not that well organised.

So it is still in the cupboard :)

annieK

Hi Catsmother, I have had Phoebe on it now for (maybe?) 8 months or so. The last couple of weeks though, she has turned up her nose and won't eat it. I don't know what the problem is, so maybe I will give her a try on something else.

I would love to feed her on Dr Billinghurst's patties, but unfortunatley, they are not available here. The closest I can get them is Bundaberg which is about 3 1/2 hours away.

I've been using it since November on my yellow xbred who has a sensative stomach and low and behold since switching she now has solid (you know). I had tried very very expensive food for her and her condition and still had issues.

However my cats will not touch the cat version, typical fussy beast :confused:

Hi Freysmum

So up in Rocky very clopse to the freind who has said I should give it a go :-) It doesnt seem that expensive over the net, was having a look at the sight last night. Obviously feeding for 8 months your dog is doing well on it, is it correct you soak it and mix it in with the meat they sell or feed on its own?

Hi Catsmother, I have had Phoebe on it now for (maybe?) 8 months or so. The last couple of weeks though, she has turned up her nose and won't eat it. I don't know what the problem is, so maybe I will give her a try on something else.

I would love to feed her on Dr Billinghurst's patties, but unfortunatley, they are not available here. The closest I can get them is Bundaberg which is about 3 1/2 hours away.

I know all about the fussy beasts, my lot drive me nuts. They all eat dry so either RC Persian or Eagle Pack plus fresh meat but 1 will not touch the fresh and they most definately wont eat any canned food, which of course if you run out or are unable to buy the dry (which happens quite often) makes life a little hard.

Wondered how this stuff apart from the soaking was any different to other dry foods?

I've been using it since November on my yellow xbred who has a sensative stomach and low and behold since switching she now has solid (you know). I had tried very very expensive food for her and her condition and still had issues.

However my cats will not touch the cat version, typical fussy beast :confused:

No probs. How did you find out about Vets? I only found out through a friend Ross. Dont think it is widely known about

Sorry if I was confusing, but I meant that I can't get the BARF patties in Rockhampton. I can buy the Vets All Natural here at a stockfeed place.

I used to feed it mixed with fresh raw mince when I first moved from processed food to a more natural raw diet, but quickly discovered the ideal dog's diet needed plenty of large chunks of raw meat and meaty bones for the mental, physical and psychological benefits.

Now I feed prey model, but when one of my dogs (Hope) went through surgery on her oesophagus, and could only eat soft, mushy food for several months, I went back to VAN for her. I don't like feeding grain based food so I was glad to get back off it onto large meat/bone chunks.