What Kind Of Brush?

jillybean

Seems like my beagle is losing alot more fur these days - not heaps, but enough that it shows up on my clothes. I have a cheapo brush and am thinking that perhaps it's not doing it's job. I try to brush her once or twice a week.

What kind of brush would you recommend for a beagle to help get rid of all that fur she's shedding?

Hi Jillybean, you only have to brush your beagle once or twice a week! Gee your lucky. My old boy sheds like crazy. I've never really been picky with brands, But My dad picked a brush up from the vets it has very fine metal combs which are very close and together. I usually brush him all over with that (throughly) And then once over again with a nice soft haired brush.

Hope this helps.

Ben.

Hi Jillybean, you only have to brush your beagle once or twice a week! Gee your lucky. My old boy sheds like crazy. I've never really been picky with brands, But My dad picked a brush up from the vets it has very fine metal combs which are very close and together. I usually brush him all over with that (throughly) And then once over again with a nice soft haired brush.

Hope this helps.

Ben.

We find rubber mits the best on the show Beagles, they are cheap and effective!

Brush????? What's a brush :D

I give my girls a scruff with a towel maybe twice a month to shake any loose fur off but I can honestly say I have not brushed them since I can't even remenber when. Oh and I don't even have to bath them before scruffing with a towel, just give them a dry rub down and I guess it works a bit like rudies rubber mit.

Brush????? What's a brush :rofl:

I give my girls a scruff with a towel maybe twice a month to shake any loose fur off but I can honestly say I have not brushed them since I can't even remenber when. Oh and I don't even have to bath them before scruffing with a towel, just give them a dry rub down and I guess it works a bit like rudies rubber mit.

LOL How are you not permanently covered in bits of fur?! Everytime I wear black and Chloe sits on my lap I get white fur everywhere!

I know how you feel jillybean. My sister asked me the other day how I go about going to work... I just go with white hairs on me. Nothing I can do about it! Ok, well maybe we could not allow them on the lounge where we sit, but pfft.

I was thinking of trying the furminator because my friend got one and she said they are excellent.

Might try the rubber mit too!

The furminator is great! I got one just before Christmas and use it every week on Pepper. Even though she is short haired, she sheds heaps!! The furminator really helps to get rid of a lot of dead hair. During the week I'll give her a brush with a rubber brush just to help with the loose hair.

Jillybean and Erin - definitely get yourselves a Furminator hey, they are fantastic!! Clipperworld online sells them cheapest and the postage was really quick. I too was finding beagle hair absolutely everywhere and it was driving me insane, but now I just give the boys a good brush (or as I call it, a Furmination!!) once or twice a week and there is seriously noticeably less hair floating around. Just make sure you do it either outside or close to a bin, you only have to do a few strokes before the Furminator is clogged with beagsy hairs!!