2008 Brags Thread

ness

• Replies 486
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL - she is an awesome dog! Wanna swap :)

I do however think you handle her very nicely - you can have an awesome dog that will look terrible with the wrong handler... so :D to you guys! A great team :)

Now... when can I farm off one of mine for you to train :)

to follow in line with the theme of the thread and because of Ptolomy's 2009 'wish list' thread... I thought we should sum up the year in here too.... see how well we've done. Rather than writing it all out again.... here is my brag list for the year:

http://aussienut.blogspot.com/2008/12/year...t-was-2008.html

Looking forward to hearing yours too!

Edited by leopuppy04

Well we haven't been here in a while

Jock Won Excellent jumping back at Festival of Agility in the 300s!! So proud of him for his first ever excellent round!

We FINALLY have a right side weave (95% accurate) and a 2o2o!!

So proud of my little man!!

I don't really have a brag per say, I went into this season expecting nothing and came out with two passes and a second in CCD which was so much more than I expected. She's pretty consistent so if she hadn't come into season I think we might even have finally cracked her title. There's always next year though.

I'm very pleased with my little girl she, she's sensitive, too much so at times but she tries her little white socks off, and she's carrying an injury so it's not always easy for her. Besides she's stuck with me and I'm a lame duck who's been out of things for far too long. :D So we just go out and do our best and have some fun. Mind you it's been a challenge, she's been scratched multiple times for coming up sore this year and we've missed out on qualies consistently by 2 or 3 points but I'm terribly pleased with her and she's happy and that's good enough for us.

The rest of you have done so well this year and it's such a pleasure to go to trials and see lovely happy dogs working so well and enjoying themselves too.

Guest rhapsodical78

Onyx won his Club's CD, came first in high jump at the dandenong show (7'3" high!) and won his division at flyball the next day.

I love my Onyx.

Xena

* Member of the Flyball Fanatics team that won Div 3 at the flyball nationals. (not bad for her second ever comp - not one mistake over the full 3 days!! A fantastic comeback - just 2 months before the trip she had a scuffle with another dog and wouldn't come out from behind the agility equipment that was in the corner of the training field for 20 minutes!)

* Achieved her AAD agility title and has 3 qualies towards her SAAD agility title, plus one pairs card. Knows when I make a mistake and takes it upon herself to tell me all about it for the remainder of the course - whether we go clean or not!

* Achieved her FDA frisbee title and has 1 quali towards the coveted FDE title.

* Impressed all and sundry at obedience after an 18 month layoff and will start trialling early in 2009.

CK

VERY proud of my little man. After a VERY quiet 2007/early 2008 recovering fully from a cracked elbow he has discovered his border collieness and come storming back. It's amazing how quiet you can make a BC that is soft by nature and told every waking moment to calm down and how long it takes to build that drive back up.

* Has one pass towards his BAAD agility title (and can now weave - WOO HOO!!! so there should be more to come)

* Has one pairs quali card.

* Achieved his FDA frisbee title and has 2 cards towards his FDE title.

* Has joined the Flyball Fanatics Div 1 team and now consistently runs under 5 seconds in only his first year of competition.

* Has amazed at obedience - he only ever did about 4 lessons and has come back after 18 months off to be promoted to trialling class after 2.5 lessons!! (must be something in all that agility stuff!) He too will be trialling in early 2009.

ME.....

Have learned the value of positive training and learned to laugh at myself and my dogs when I make a mistake. I have realised that dog sport is NOT serious, it is all about fun and the dogs. If they have a fun run and knock every bar down then I don't really care as long as they have enjoyed it and haven't hurt themselves - anything else is just a bonus to please me.

I've also had my eyes opened to some different ways of doing things and look forward to exploring them more next year.