Sharkie

Maddy

Sharkie - Our first foster hound and the dog I'd always wanted, Sharkie went to his "forever" home in September 07 but returned to us in December.

Our possum-munching, bed-shredding, sweet boy was put to sleep at 2pm on Saturday after weeks of struggling to find a way around the inevitable.

Sharkie, I would've kept you if I could. Looking back on it, I should never have allowed MJ to take you away from us, away from the family who loved you and Kiff, who needed you (you should've heard him crying the night you left). If I knew then what I know now, you would have stayed with us forever.

Wait for me at the bridge, sweet boy. RIP

post-19844-1201443947_thumb.jpg

Bright eyes,

Burning like fire.

Bright eyes,

How can you close and fail?

How can the light that burned so brightly

Suddenly burn so pale?

Bright eyes

He was a really stunning boy. His condition when we got him back (from the people who adopted him) was just awful though. He was crawling with worms (almost literally) and it looked like they hadn't groomed him at all since they got him. :laugh:

Below are some pics for comparison

post-19844-1201661291_thumb.jpg - Sharkie when he was first with us. Glossy black coat with beautiful muscle tone.

post-19844-1201661302_thumb.jpg - Sharkie when he was returned to us - Dirty coat, without a shred of muscle left (they hadn't been walking him).

Oh that poor boy.. thank goodness he made it back to you so he was loved at the end :happydance:

What was wrong with the gorgeous man? :o

It's a bit of a long story but basically, he left us a well behaved, gentle dog who loved the company of other dogs and was returned to us after he and the GSD he lived with attacked two dogs that wandered onto the owner's property.

We retested him with a couple of Lhasas and he was perfect but further testing with other breeds revealed a very serious aggression issue. He seemed to be "keen" on just about anything canine that moved (even a rottie :o ) and we didn't feel he would be safe to rehome :happydance:

It was a horrible decision to have to make, I just wish I knew what exactly happened to make him so prey aggressive towards other dogs.

EFS

Edited by PokeyLittlePuppy

• 2 weeks later...