K9 Agility Trial

The surface on it was really ordinary TO, I checked it when Darcy fell off as it wasn't a difficult entry. I'd say its had a rough surface on it at some stage but its been repainted over so many times its lost its grip and is now just too slippery.

I never checked the A-frame but given the number of dogs I heard slide off it in that ring I'd bet the surface on it wasn't any better.

Yeah, i got there at 5pm and didnt get in the ring until 8pm so i was watching all the runs......there did seem to be alot of dogs slipping and sliding on all the contacts more then usual, the A Frame in Ring 3 (i think) was really bad.

It wasnt the entry side of the walk that was our problem, he was right on the top near the exit end when he slipped and fell off.

Edited by tollersowned

Toby and I had a great time! No passes or places but I was so happy with him. We were entered in novice snooker, agility and jumping. First was snooker and I think he was having to much fun, he did the jump then the dog walk then another jump and he decided he was going to do the dog walk a couple of times before going to see what everyone else was doing. Then agility, missed the tire jump but that was my fault, he did weavers really well and got all the contacts. He didn't have a problem with the A frame. Last was jumping and he would have gotten a pass if it was not for my handleing. I was so proud of him in agility and jumping and I felt he was really paying attention to me, now I just have to really work on my handleing skills.

Edited by whitka

Kira got her novice gamblers title :laugh:

No other passes unfortunately but I was really happy with how my 2 younger dogs performed!

I heard lots of dogs doing wheelies on the A Frame and Walk. I didn't even thing to check it :laugh: We didn't do the Walk in Novice Agility cause Kira kamikazied off the A Frame so I pulled her after that stunt. Probably a good thing cause the way she goes she would have most likely had a stack off the Walk.

Congrats to all who passed and those that did well but without that elusive certificate!

We got home at 4am. Stopped for a 30min nap about an hour from home but only got 15min cause a koala started grunting in the tree which I was parked next to and scared the life out of me & the dogs and certaintly woke me up!

Edited by Silvawilow

Toby and I had a great time! No passes or places but I was so happy with him. We were entered in novice snooker, agility and jumping. First was snooker and I think he was having to much fun, he did the jump then the dog walk then another jump and he decided he was going to do the dog walk a couple of times before going to see what everyone else was doing. Then agility, missed the tire jump but that was my fault, he did weavers really well and got all the contacts. He didn't have a problem with the A frame. Last was jumping and he would have gotten a pass if it was not for my handleing. I was so proud of him in agility and jumping and I felt he was really paying attention to me, now I just have to really work on my handleing skills.

OMG - is your boy a Golden Retriever?

He sure is

He sure is

Did you borrow my crate last night? I let a GR borrow my spare crate. What a small world!

Well Abbie and I had a pretty bad night. For some reason I thought it would only go until 8 or 9, we left at 11:30pm and it was still going!

Like others, we arrived at 5pm and didn't get in the ring until after 8pm.

I think our agility run would have been OK if a dog with a bell on its collar didn't walk past just before we went in the ring!! When Abbie heard the bell she completely lost focus on me and that was the end of that.

Our second run wasn't until after 10pm and she got zoomies half way through the course. Last run was at 11:30 and by that time Abbie had had enough and so had I. She did the first bit ok but got to the weaves and just stopped and started off into the dark :D once she was in them we did the middle section of the course but after that she just shut down and tried to run back to the car.

It wasn't a very good start to the agility year but I hope I'm not being too optimistic in saying the reason she did not perform well was because of the environment. Hopefully at Knox in 2 weeks, at a better hour of the day, she will behave! :p

Well done to Leo on the title and anyone else who was successful (whether Qing or not). :thumbsup:

***yawn*** what was that about being early :D Was 4.30 when I got home this morning, I did stop for a half hour sleep an hour from home though.

First run in novice snooker did well but put a foot on the broad and didn't go back and complete it which DQ'd us. Pass in Excellent Gamblers, pass and 2nd in Open Jumping.

She seems ok today after her fall of the dogwalk - Another lesson learnt, always check all the equipment. I did check the surface of the table and knew it was pretty ordinary but never checked the dogwalk surface until it was too late :p

Yaaaaayy - Go Darcy. Congratulations, we all heard you had a blitzing run. I guess you have a good excuse for not being at training today. Geez the contact equip doesn't sound too good, hope Darcy has no ill effects.

Thanks T!! :laugh: Guess I'm not quite as addicted as I thought, even the offer of being driven to training wasn't that attractive after less than 4 hours sleep :rofl: Wasn't planning on doing much, but was disappointed to miss out even just to watch after such a great class last weekend :rofl:

Helen, I'm not sure whose equipment it was. I know I will be checking the surface of any contact equipment in future.