Dr Bruce's Vets All Natural Puppy Complete Mix

Bulldust

New litter ready to start solids, i have been eyeing off this Vets All Natural PUPPY Complete Mix, looks like bird food..... wondering whether this brand and product is a good and reputable product ??

I have started another pup i had on Eagle Pack and raw meats but she did not like the EP. Thought this might be an alternative to dry food, any comments will be great :bottom:

I have raised my Rottie pups on VaN and Barf, they look fantastic. I also know of a GSD breeder who is on her 7th generation litter on raw diet, last few years on VaN.

I have a friend who is weaning her Rottie pups on this too.

Edited by Lisa M

I have raised my Rottie pups on VaN and Barf, they look fantastic. I also know of a GSD breeder who is on her 7th generation litter on raw diet, last few years on VaN.

I have a friend who is weaning her Rottie pups on this too.

I'm using VAN on all of my dogs 4mth & 13mth old on Puppy & 3, 4 & 5 yr old on Adult :)

The youngest was weaned on it & the 13mth was put on it the day she arrived!

Fantastic stuff :rofl:

I can't comment on the puppy product, but my dog has been eating the regular adult VAN for several months now. I use it as the vegetable component of his BARF diet a few times a week. I usually soak it for a bit longer than recommended on the packet though!

Jake is happy to eat it without anything mixed in. Weird dog.

Edited by cazxxz

I have been using the puppy mix for my 8 month old for a month now (2 meals per day, with meaty bones 3 times a week instead of the mix). He loves it.

I mix it to the packet specifications with red meat - beef strips, lamb strips (making a big batch and freezing in portions) and add a bit more water to the meal when serving because he seems to prefer the grain mix sloppy.

So far so good, but I am also keeping an eye on his weight in case I have to make adjustments to the portion sizes.

I'm almost at the end of the current food Gypsy has, I think I'll try to track down a supplier and give it a go. Gypsy is pretty picky with dry food though...

I wouldn't really consider it dry food as you soak the grains in water for 24 hours and they form a kind of paste which you then mix with the raw meat. If you add a little more water when serving, the consistency is more like a (cold) stew. You can buy 1 kg packs (which lasts a medium sized dog about 10 days) to try it out - and it also comes in 5kg bags.

Dr Bruce's Website also has some more info on the product.