Orijen Is Now Avaliable In Australia

laffi

how can it be classed as grainless when it states on the website that the chicken are "grain fed"??

What else should chooks eat? But whatever they're fed, their meat is made of meat, not grain, the same way that meat from a cow is made of meat, not grass!

• 1 month later...

Hey guys,

Anyone been feeding Orijen for at least over a few weeks and care to share the results? Anyone been feeding their pup on this? Just interested to know all the results people are getting :clap:

I'd be interested to know how many people have dogs who refuse to eat it?

Zero is very fussy (he also gets sick off most dry foods with the exception of pedigree naturals and supercoat which are not the things i would be feeding him if i was given the choice) and has refused many foods but i would be interested in orijen if he would eat it and do well on it.

I saw that there's a 400g bag of it and i will buy it when it comes back in stock just to try, but if a lot of dogs are refusing to eat it then i don't know if i'll bother (other dogs refusing it have always been a sign in the past that he won't do well on it).

Zero is very fussy (he also gets sick off most dry foods with the exception of pedigree naturals and supercoat which are not the things i would be feeding him if i was given the choice) and has refused many foods but i would be interested in orijen if he would eat it and do well on it.

I saw that there's a 400g bag of it and i will buy it when it comes back in stock just to try, but if a lot of dogs are refusing to eat it then i don't know if i'll bother (other dogs refusing it have always been a sign in the past that he won't do well on it).

I've had no dogs who have brought it refuse it,infact some have reported that when changing over to orijen and mixing with there previous food some have picked out the orijen and left the other.

CBL's greyhound actually ate some out of my hand the other day and he's one of the fussiest dogs around :clap:

• 2 weeks later...

Our local Pet Food Plus now has Orijen. We bought a small pack to try. It's very expensive to buy the huge pack - $120!!

I'm trying to decipher the labels, but I'm not good at ingredients lists. Can anyone please tell me what 'preservatives' are in it?

How does it compare with Royal Canin Lab, which seemed to have a lot of preservatives and grain?

We use dry food as a back-up and supplement to many other foods, not as the only diet.

I've had no dogs who have brought it refuse it,infact some have reported that when changing over to orijen and mixing with there previous food some have picked out the orijen and left the other.

CBL's greyhound actually ate some out of my hand the other day and he's one of the fussiest dogs around :rolleyes:

:laugh:

He does love it - I have given him some of the sample pack as a treat and he woofs it down. Will change over to it once I get through the Nutro

I feed my foxy mostly raw but thought I would try orijen as a stand-by.

No grains sounded good as she has chronic skin problems.

She absolutely stinks on it!!

I can only give her say 15 kibbles or the stench is disgusting.... and the soft poos - yuck!!

She doesnt smell at all on barf

I will use it up as treats only but wouldnt buy it again

Orijen is now available in Victoria at 4 paws & more. :confused:

Bought some today, and liked what I read on the pack and my guys all woofed it down. :laugh:

Bought some sample packs first, just to see what they thought of it.

Just put it in a new thread, as I didnt see this one was going :mad

Holy cr@p! I just saw the large breed puppy is 70% protein

Nekhbet Orijen is 42% protein.The reference to 70% is the meat content.

Somebody also asked what is wrong with Australian foods.Well i can answer that...They are ALL crap! Before Orijen became available i was mostly feeding raw and home cooked with a smidgen of Royal Canin(vet grade),and it irked me that i had to feed a food with such sub standard ingredients.

I've been feeding my fussy tzu's orijen for around a month now and they love it and are doing well.

As for the protein and kidney issues,i have many,many links debunking this theory of high protein equals kidney damage.When i get a minute i'll post them. I dont want to my first post here to be tooo over the top :rolleyes: :worship:

Where are your links?? I need them please :thumbsup::rasberry:

Holy cr@p! I just saw the large breed puppy is 70% protein

Nekhbet Orijen is 42% protein.The reference to 70% is the meat content.

Somebody also asked what is wrong with Australian foods.Well i can answer that...They are ALL crap! Before Orijen became available i was mostly feeding raw and home cooked with a smidgen of Royal Canin(vet grade),and it irked me that i had to feed a food with such sub standard ingredients.

I've been feeding my fussy tzu's orijen for around a month now and they love it and are doing well.

As for the protein and kidney issues,i have many,many links debunking this theory of high protein equals kidney damage.When i get a minute i'll post them. I dont want to my first post here to be tooo over the top :rolleyes: :worship:

Where are your links?? I need them please :thumbsup::rasberry:

here is one

http://www.dogaware.com/dogfeeding.html