Who Me?

GoldD

Ok so I've had a sooooooo well behaved Golden and all of a sudden he turns 6mo yesterday and he won't come when told, from one room in the house to another, nor will he get off the couch when told. He was fine with all the above a couple of weeks ago and oh my god, what a defiant, uninterested dog. Is this normal? I mean he's not even a teenager yet!!

Edited by GoldD

Yep, sounds normal to me :(

Need to go back to basic training for a while, rewarding with treats etc just to remind him what he is supposed to be doing.

You need to make yourself more interesting than anything else, so lots of play times, fun and food when you are commanding him to do something. If you are boring they will lose interest very quickly, especially at this age where they are really starting to get a bit big for their boots :wink:

Sounds like i'll have some work to do this afternoon :(

Yay, I was hoping you might see this one!! Looking forward to your visit! He is being a toad...

Edited by GoldD

Our cocker pup officially reached adolescence with a bang about 3 weeks ago now... We've cranked up her training and tightened the reigns a little in terms of where she has access to without our company until she can be trusted again.

Here's one of the reasons why... :eek:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/mar...nt=MVI_2940.flv

Edited by mntgood

Oh surely not georgous little Diesel?!

Ha, it's funny how they turn overnight - Turtle was the same, but getting back to training does help! Cosmolo will definitely help you out - by the way, I will email you Turtle's progress Tamara! Sorry, hijacking! :laugh:

Hi newnewf - still waiting for those photos, have I missed them?? Cosmolo has worked her magic once again...he will be the perfect Diesel again in no time. I think, sorry, I know I was given two days to whip him into shape! LOL

LOL I'll be seeing him again on Monday so he can show me his tricks!!

No tricks, sorry GL. Just maybe a nice doggie.....but he never misbehaved when you are around, just like kids - he makes me a liar. Cosmolo can vouch for me though - she sees the naughty lazy Diesel and gives me the tools to change him back to my angel (still lazy though, nothing changes that!)

Our cocker pup officially reached adolescence with a bang about 3 weeks ago now... We've cranked up her training and tightened the reigns a little in terms of where she has access to without our company until she can be trusted again.

Here's one of the reasons why... :laugh:

http://s95.photobucket.com/albums/l121/mar...nt=MVI_2940.flv

:(:mad:laugh::laugh: ..That is so gorgeous...what a lovely Cocker :)

...Just remember..with kids and dogs.....tissues and toilet paper messes are the easiest to clean up :(

Edited by Budyjelle

Cosmolo - yay, there has been a massive change in him just since you left. He has his slow moments (as you can imagine), Rusty distractions don't help, but he really has made a massive improvement in a short time. Thank you. The floorboards have been great!! :rolleyes: Until next time.......

Now, i still don't believe any of this.... He's just misunderstood!!

:rolleyes:

Surely Diesel CAN'T be naughty Gold D?! When I met him he was sweet as pie :D....

Hmm... Cosmolo might need to get her claws stuck into the two ferals of THAT puppy party...... :mad

:eek: