Keeping Water Down?

TB, some anti biotics can make dogs throw up, clavulox often upsets their tummy. It's catch 22 as they really shouldn't have them on an empty stomach. Hopefully the vet can help him quickly.

Hugs to Atlas.

Vomiting water sounds like a gut obstruction TB. What's the chances At has eaten something he shouldn't :laugh:

Nope. No chance.

He was at work for the 2 weeks before this. There was nothing in the kennel to eat, and nothng in the runs to eat. Normally i would think that, but this time, nope.

I ended doing over time today :confused: Dad came and sat with him, and he does seem a bit happier... Will see what tonight brings, if up all night again, its off to the vets first thing.

You say the dog has been vomiting since Saturday? Take him back to the vet.

You gave me advice about my sick dog so maybe the advice you gave me would be appropriate for you to take since your dog is not well.

You say the dog has been vomiting since Saturday? Take him back to the vet.

You gave me advice about my sick dog so maybe the advice you gave me would be appropriate for you to take since your dog is not well.

I ended doing over time today :confused: Dad came and sat with him, and he does seem a bit happier... Will see what tonight brings, if up all night again, its off to the vets first thing.

You're a stronger person than me ...I couldn't last more than a day or two with a vomiting dog.... anymore...... :confused: I always remember my old Mitch..he vomited a few times overnight..took him to the vet next morning, and he had hepatitis! he was very ill for a while..but did recover well :laugh:

With Hamlet..he threw up afew times..he had a blockage..I have a real worry now :laugh:

Hopefully he gets rid of the 'bug' soon!!

Atlas has been to the vet, and i am following vets advice.

She told me to try to get water into him, if i dont, he will end up on a drip.

As said above, if he is bad tonight, he will be going back

ETA. Sorry guys :confused: Dont mean to be snappy, just so tired and had a bad afternoon (none dog related)

Edited by Terrorbull

TB, just don't go over board, It's best to get a little bit down and stay down then more that comes back up.

You know how to check his skin and gums for hydration I'm sure.

Hugs to you and Atlas. :confused:

ETA. Sorry guys :confused: Dont mean to be snappy, just so tired and had a bad afternoon (none dog related)

Pfft not worth it.

Edited by cavNrott

ETA. Sorry guys :eek: Dont mean to be snappy, just so tired and had a bad afternoon (none dog related)

Don't worry about being snappy. We understand. When our dogs are sick it tends to make us snappy. It's the stress it causes that makes us a bit short tempered. You need sympathetic, understanding people. It makes all the difference.

efs

At least i can admit it and know how to say sorry, i also dont abuse everyone...

Anyways, we got a good 12 hours sleep last night :mad well, he did :rolleyes: i was up and down all night. So looks like he is over the worst of it. Will feed him bland food today, if ok all today, will go back to normal tomorrow :D

Thats good news.

I hope the recovery is trouble free.

I usually recommend easing back onto normal diet and volume over a few days, but then it often takes a few days to WANT to eat normally after being so sick.

Good Luck.

Wow, sounds exactly what Snot had 2 weeks ago!

He started vomiting about 4 in the morning, then all that day (Sunday) and I'm talking about every half an hour!

He would drink and eat a little bit if I hand fed him but vomit it up 5 minutes later, wasn't TOO larthargic and was still following me around everywhere and going straight to sleep at my feet. Normal stools..

He vomited quite a few times through the night, I took him to the vet Monday arvo, on Monday he was still vomiting, probably about 4 times before i went to the vet and he stopped eating and drinking completely.

The vet couldn't find anything really worng with him, checked for an obstruction, checked his stools, temp - all normal.

By this time he had perked up a bit ( looked like a total faker) The vet gave him an anti vomiting injection and some follow up anti vomiting pills and that was that, said if he didn't improve by morning bring him back in for more tests, x-rays etc..

He ate that night without vomiting and was fine after that I still have absolutely no idea what was wrong with him..

Pretty scary stuff though.

Good luck with your boy.

Edited by disorder

I know exactly how you feel my boy has been in and out of the vets since Saturday, they gave him antibiotics for his temprature just over 39 degrees, and then gave him a shot for the vomiting, then he developed diarea and has been on scour ban since.

He is only just coming good now!

How did we do it - well my vets are wonderful, me not so good, he was off all food and (water (limited) for 24 hours and just given scourban. This placed a lining back on his stomach and then he was allowed small amounts of food, when I was told small they meant small (broke my heart given he is such a hungary boy) and I was told to boil some rice with meat or chicken add some cottage cheese and some natural yoghart. I fed him small amounts after the 24 hours. Small amounts means around a table spoon at say 6pm then another at say 8pm.

That was it for the first night - he held this down with his water small amounts of water, the vet said either an ice cube or around 10-15 licks from the bowl.

He is only coming good now and he will have his first full meal on Sunday, with the amounts increasing more and more each time.

I know how you feel its very hard to sit back and wonder what is wrong, scary too.

Hope that this helps