Natural Rememdies For Conjuntivitis

Hi

My elderly neighbours's cross-bred pooch has what it appears to be Conjunctivitis. She cannot afford to take it to the Vet and ATM I am not in a position to assist her.

I had heard that cold tea dabbed over the eye was great for this condition and was wondering if others had heard of that or any other natural remedies that she can make up from home?

TIA

A friend advised me to try the cold tea on my cavaliers eyes. Apparently her vet told her to do it for her horses eyes as the tea has antibacterial properties.. If your neighbours dog does have conjunctivitis I don't know how effective the tea would be but I don't think it could hurt. I tried the tea and there was slight improvement but I did still go to the vet as it didn't clear completely and I didn't want to risk damage to her eyes. :confused:

I usually use lukewarm salty water. My vet said that was a good option too. Very cheap! :confused:

I just pull his eye down gently and squirt some in, usually via a tissue soaked in the solution. Then I wipe out any of the gunk with the wet tissue.

Edited by nell.m

Weak salt water solution here too, works well for my kids and my animals.

I am always really cautious about eyes though, sometimes even mild changes can be a symptom of an extremely serious problem. Hope it is just something simple!

Edited by lucknow

its chamomile tea - we used it on everything including chickens when we were younger. Always make sure the water has fully boiled from the kettle first and let it cool slightly before steeping the herb.

Same with the salt. Brolene will work as well we have it here in the clinic for milb conjuctivitis. Make sure there isnt a nasal or toothe problem causing the weeping though.