Fresh Meat Store

THanks for your replies :-) Limited freezer space is bugger. I have a chest freezer hence why I asked about them. I was looking at getting some rolls and chopping them up and freezing them. Will give them a go and see what happens.

Thanks again appreciate it.

Got my first order from Cliff about 2 weeks ago and couldn't be happier. Good quality, good prices and Cliff turned up when he said he would

The dogs absolutely love the mince garlic and veges through it. Now to get the cats to eat fresh meat and I will be happy :mad

I buy from Cliff too. :laugh:

He doesn't come to Oberon, so I meet him in Bathurst. To make it worthwile, I get 120kg of chicken necks at a time - then spend a couple of hours in the garage dividing them up into two meal packs, before freezing. :D

Last time I also got a couple of dozen big marrow bones - fantastic value, :laugh: and some kangaroo mince and chicken mince.

The roo mince was good, but I wouldn't get the chicken mince again.

Chicken heads? OMG are the chicken carcasses complete ie just minus feathers?

He backs right up to my kennel door :D

annoys the Pugs, gets them all excited and then drives off :(

I hate packing the meat away, it takes ages and I have a morbid fear of chicken heads :)

Ok so its not chicken frames then mmmm how many would you get in 10kgs would you say? Thinking they were frames I ordered for my BC pup who is 6 months and GSD who is 4 months possibly too big for one each ooooooo Im not cutting in half if they have heads yukko.

Only sometimes :( but they are large and meaty

Some weeks they are meal size for my Staffords and Pointers, other weeks when we get the really big meaty ones, I need to pull them in half too.

It's hard to say how many you get for your 10kg's. Maybe 30 or the smaller one's and 20 of the bigger one's.

I'll order some next time and count them.

Grab a pair of gloves, it makes the frames less scarey :( and pull them apart rather than cut them, you just twist them in the middle and they come apart easily.

ETA: the wings this week were HUGE, good teeth cleaners and they are taking more than a few seconds to gulp down.

Edited by Warley

Oh lord I feel ill!!!!!!!! :(

I live in denial....

The dogs actually enjoy eating them. I just chuck the carcass into the pens and hope that they have eaten ALL of it by them time I go back an hour later :)

If I see any heads or feet, the OH is made to pack the meat that week :D

:( OH would faint if I made him do that he can barely touch meat for a barbie.

Oh lord I feel ill!!!!!!!! :)

I live in denial....

The dogs actually enjoy eating them. I just chuck the carcass into the pens and hope that they have eaten ALL of it by them time I go back an hour later :D

If I see any heads or feet, the OH is made to pack the meat that week :o

I had fun teasing the girls at work with the chicken heads :(

I am lucky, as we use the meat for the dogs at work, i just order one lot of the rolls, work orders the other 2, and we split them all up :)

I dont get bones, but if i need one, i just give work some money and grab some out of the freezer