Killing The Grass

storm

I know this has been done but I cant find the info.

I have a rescue Old English Sheepdog around 8yrs old and he is killing the grass.

No previous health info or anything was given, actually told he was only 3yrs old.

I have been putting apple cyder vinegar in the water but doesnt seem to be help/working.

I have him booked in for a full blood work

any other suggestion or could I just not be putting enough in the water bowl?

Just be thankfull that you have grass. :love: Mine is all dead from the drought.

Isn't it a little unusual for a male's pee to be killing the grass? With me it's the females but maybe that's because the females actually squat in the middle of the lawn whilst the boys usually go to a tree.

Just be thankfull that you have grass. :love: Mine is all dead from the drought.

Isn't it a little unusual for a male's pee to be killing the grass? With me it's the females but maybe that's because the females actually squat in the middle of the lawn whilst the boys usually go to a tree.

Had lovely green grass until last week, now its brown patchy. My dogs seemed very happy when we moved to Brisbane as they had been in a dirt bowl until then

He also squats as he falls over if he cocks his leg.

Years ago I spoke to a Dog Food Rep after a client had complaints with her grass dying. He had a keen interest in gardening and said that fertilised lawns already have high nitrogen content and then when the dog kindly adds more you get the burn. Maybe speak to a horticulturist and see if this information is correct?

Had the same problem at my place. Just by bitch tho been told to use the rocks in their water .

Does anyone know how the rocks work?

I haven't really researched it yet but still looking for options and getting ideas as to what to use. Thanks

One website said they removed impurities such as Tin, Nitrates & Ammonia from the water so your dog does not then filter them out onto the lawn. The other site said that they change the Nitrogen levels in the dogs urine using Zeolite so you don't get burn. They are supposed to be so good (according to their own press release) that your dogs uring will actually fertilise the lawn. Apparently you have to use in less that 2 litres of water and replaced every 2 months.

i have dog rocks, and they do work. they have started doing a bigger pack, as the basic one is only for 2 litres of water, which is useless for 3 big dogs :(

you just put them in the water bowl, i think they last 3 months. :(