Prism Brand Dog Food In Perth

The makers of Eagle Pack sell a brand called Prism in Asia. I'd also be interested to know if anyone else has used Prism, and to hear what they think of it.

I've been buying it from a guy who is trying to set up a distributorship in Perth. My dogs seem to do well on the adult and maintanence stuff and the puppy food has worked well for litters of newly weaned. More expensive than Bonnie and Supercoat, but a lot cheaper than the super premiums. If anyone is interested in trying the stuff, the bloke's first lot will hit its best before date in April and he's discounting prices deeply so that he can order fresh stock. He sells at the Sunday Markets in Canning Vale, or will deliver orders > $100. He also gets cat food.

I'm afraid I'm treading a fine line between pointing out a bargain and doing product advertisement so won't give phone numbers etc. If anyone wants further information, please PM me and give me your email address to make it easy for me to reply.

I was only feeding pig and chook heads and feet to my GSD's the other day... :rolleyes: It does have me wondering at times why we hate them in dog food but will feed it fresh - i'm assuming because there may also be feathers etc?

Edited by KitKat

The lamb meal and rice formula looks ok. Lamb meal as first ingredient and no corn.

Just personally, I am not that keen on having chicken by product meal as the first ingredient. I think chicken feet and heads and all the rest (feathers :rolleyes: ) are fine but just not as the first and main ingredient.

Hey Sandgrubber,

I came across the same guy I think, he was selling at Canning Vale markets. I was curious so started asking about it. I was saying I've got a 6 month old Mastiff so I'd need a low protein food. He then started talking to me like I was a complete moron, telling me because he's a puppy he needs very high levels of protein. He offered me samples but refused to give me low-protein food and gave me a sample of the food with the highest protein. :(

I read through the ingredients and they seem very poor for the price. Not like Eagle Pack at all unfortunately.:(

Edited by snarferama

thats funny, snarf. I actually had a similar conversation with a rep from Royal Canin! I was talking to her about Orbit's itchy skin and she was trying to push a particular new skin formula they had. She said that because he was a puppy he would need the special puppy skin formula as it has much higher levels of protein and fat! I reminded her that he was a growing dane puppy and she said 'oh yes a big growing dog like that would need more protein and fat than the puppy formula' (which was already too high).