Ringwood Flyball Comp

They are on the ship now - which will give them a day to recover from being sea-sick if it's a rough crossing. Good luck Mornir and Co.

(Come cheer for them: the Flyball Competition at the Ringwood Highland Games, Jubilee Park, Ringwood, Vic. Highland Pipe and Drum Bands and Highland Dancing comps all day also, massed bands display, clan info. - so plenty to look at for the day out whether you are Scots or not).

If I could afford it then I would definatly be there but thats a pretty big IF. For a new team of inexperienced dogs and handlers who have never used the EJS i think they did great! We all know how scary it can be to run just one new dog on a team but a whole team of them....a thumbs up to them. Excellent effort from dogs and handlers. :rofl:

I'd really like to go but of course it depends on $$$$. God I hate money.

shoemonster your OH is a real sweetie. I've seen him baby sit, hold dogs, shagging, lifting the box in and out. I definitely think he deserves a t-shirt. :)

Sorry, I forgot to add, CONGRATS TASSIE, it was great to see you at the comp, i hope you had a safe trip back and you all enjoyed the comp. You did a great job, hope to see you back soon. Would love to take a team to Tassie for a comp.

Is the Nationals in April?

When were people thinking of going over?

The nationals are in October I think and the Tassie people were talking about holding their comp around this time of the year.

Ahh ok then, i would love to go to Tassie, never been and its the state i really want to visit :)

wowee! thanks everyone! I wish I had thought to check out DOL before we went over! I could have finally put faces to names! oh well, I was a bit caught up in all the excitement of getting over there!

We arrived home this morning and boy I have slept almost all day (as have the pooches)! We had an absolute blast and can't wait to do it all again! We are so thrilled that our doggies all got their FDs. It's very exciting for us because we have no comps here, so it's rare for a tassie dog to have an FD! All up I think each dog got 9 points on Sunday. So only 11 more until we get the next title :)

It was great to meet you Possumcorner, you are lovely and thanks so much for getting some pics of us, every member of the team is thankful and commented on how wonderful you are :)

Thanks to everyone that came and said hello and made us feel so special, everyone was just so lovely, welcoming and helpful. You have all given us so much to think about and we know we have some work to do to get our doggies up to scratch (especially my naughty Jamesy!) and now we have an idea of how to go about it! We'll be taking to training with great gusto now!! And if anyone knows what T'Keilor put in that fabulous punch I wanna know! haha

I think there is talk of coming up in November for the 2 dayer, but it will all depend on our revenue raising capabilities as it cost in the vicinity of 2-3k to come over. And of course we are going to plan a comp in good ol Tassie next year. It's all up in the air at the moment but it will probably be around March.

Thanks again and we'll see you all next time!

Katinka

shoemonster your OH is a real sweetie. I've seen him baby sit, hold dogs, shagging, lifting the box in and out. I definitely think he deserves a t-shirt. :)

Yeah he is a good boy, I've trained him well, :)

He's definately earned his tshirt!

Mornir, was great to see you guys, would have been so so full on for you! You have some great dogs, and have done so well

Congrats on the FD's too!!!! :)

Thanks! It was FULL ON! Safe to say that we didn't quite know what we had gotten ourselves into! hehe But we are out the other side now and can't wait to go back :) Our casual training sessions on a Sunday for the past 5 years is a much more relaxing way to do flyball, but just not as fun! ha!