Deb Kelly Agility Seminar In Victoria

Shepparton & District Obedience Dog Club is hosting an agility seminar on Saturday 31st May and Sunday 1st June which will be presented by Deb Kelly.

This seminar is for those in Excellent/Masters level and will cover; front/rear crosses, pre-cues/cues, obstacle discrimination, distance work and more!

The costs are as follows:

Working position: $150 (for entire weekend)

Auditor position: $25 (per day)

Full payment is due by Monday 26th May 2008.

Location: Shepparton & District ODC grounds - Chas Johnson Reserve, corner Balaclava Rd & Packham St Shepparton, VicRoads reference 273 K6.

Accommodation:

* Victoria Lake Caravan Park - Wyndham St Shepparton (5 min from club grounds) - Dogs at managements discretion - 5821 5431

* Goulburn Valley Motor Village - Goulburn Valley Hwy Kialla (8 min from club grounds) - Dogs at managements discretion - 5823 1561

* Loch Eilan B&B - Wunghnu (25 min from club grounds) - Dogs, cats & horses welcome, dairy farm - 5826 9581

* Country Gardens Caravan Park - Tatura (20 mins from club grounds) - Dogs at managements discretion - 5824 2652

Working places are limited and are already filling. Please PM or email me if you would like to participate or have any questions

Lisa

Edited by Silvawilow

Sounds good mate!!!!

When you have a seminar for "doofus" level.......then count me in!!!

Hi Shelly,

You should come along as an auditor because what is being taught you can start to put into practice in your training! We have a few members from our club who are fairly new and are auditing for a day each.

I will let ya know about that......what does an auditor do?

An auditor basically does all the a working participant does, auditors can walk the exercises and they can ask questions. The only real difference is that an auditor doesn't get to run the through the exercises with their dog. As an auditor you can take as many or as little notes as possible!

There's a few Aussie's going to be there now (and some handlers without their Aussies) :)

I'm even thinking I might do the domestic thing and make soup for the lunch on Saturday for everyone - it's about the only thing that I cook really goooood!

• 3 weeks later...
Bummer I cant come....................box hill show on the sat and obedience on the sun!

Who's doin the obedience?!?!?!

Me thinks you are having a go at my ferals :rolleyes: ...............I know they are wild but they haves fun!

Spak dog and fluffy doofus do the 'lack' of obedience on the sunday.....!!!!!

Bummer I cant come....................box hill show on the sat and obedience on the sun!

Me thinks you are having a go at my ferals :rolleyes: ...............I know they are wild but they haves fun!

No Silly! There is an obedience trial (working dog club of Vic) on the Sat/ Sun - can't remember which, so I thought you had entered Ranger/ Anzac!!!!

Me thinks you are having a go at my ferals ;) ...............I know they are wild but they haves fun!

No Silly! There is an obedience trial (working dog club of Vic) on the Sat/ Sun - can't remember which, so I thought you had entered Ranger/ Anzac!!!!

:rofl::rofl::cry::):love::) ;)

yeah right!!!

as ifs!

.......at last obedience training Ranger looked at me stupid when I told him to sit. :rolleyes: and spak has decided he has to follow my leg and so gets up to follow me when I return when doing the stay! :laugh:

• 2 weeks later...
yeah right!!!

as ifs!

.......at last obedience training Ranger looked at me stupid when I told him to sit. :rofl: and spak has decided he has to follow my leg and so gets up to follow me when I return when doing the stay! :)

That's why you should turn Ranger into a super dupa agility dog, not much sitting in agility :rofl:

Sounds very good.

I went to a seminar she did before she moved to Australia and it was great. She was a bit partial to Bella though as she told me she nearly got a Brittany before she got her Border Collie.

You can learn heaps from just watching her as well as partcipating.

Sounds very good.

I went to a seminar she did before she moved to Australia and it was great. She was a bit partial to Bella though as she told me she nearly got a Brittany before she got her Border Collie.

You can learn heaps from just watching her as well as partcipating.

I also find that when I audit a clinic my diagrams of the exercises are so much more understandable when I get home :clap: