Down Sizeing Photos

baramewe

Hello I have a new laptop and it has Windows Vista and and there doesnt seem to be any downsizing

on it I have even downsized photos on my other PC and sent them to this one and it wont work can

anyone help me?? :laugh:

Have you fixed this yet? You should be able to downsize photos in Vista much as in previous versions, I think.

Here's a thread on downsizing for email.

If you right click an image you should have an "Open with" option - you can then open in your software of choice and do whatever. Picasa is free from the net and lots of ppl use it - I'm not one of them so can't help much, but know it does a lot or a little and most of it is very very easy to do.

Thanks Guys :laugh: I will give all of them a try and see but I have been right through Vista and cant seem to do it.

Also who has photo shop and who has paintshop I am thinking of buying one of them and was wondering which one is better?

Photoshop - and Elements is very powerful if you don't want to spring for CS3. Photoshop is really the gold standard in photo editing. There are quite a few options if you don't need the full power of Photoshop, though.

I have a couple of friends who have Paintshop and do like it, but often get frustrated with it. One had just made the plunge and bought CS3. Can't help more than that as I've not used Paintshop.

I have Paintshop Pro XI, I find it very useful although like KJA said it can be frustating to work with at times, but is a hell of a lot cheaper than CS3.. I have tried a 30 day trial of Photoshop elements and it was great it has a lot of different effects etc.. the next editing program I buy will be elements. :thumbsup:

If you do decide to buy either PSP or photoshop buy it from ebay...Sooo much cheaper than the shops :cheer:

thanks guys :rolleyes: it sounds like photoshop is the go I did a free trial of paintshop and did find a bit hard just got to figure out which photoshop there seem to be a few versions of it?? :confused: I would love to know how those clever people put in backgrounds in there lovely photos?? and what is CS3?

Photoshop has Elements, which is a scaled down version of the whole program. It is incredibly powerful and more than most people will ever need - it's a lot cheaper than the full scale Photoshop. The newest version of the full Photoshop is CS3, but it's pricey.

Photoshop has Elements, which is a scaled down version of the whole program. It is incredibly powerful and more than most people will ever need - it's a lot cheaper than the full scale Photoshop. The newest version of the full Photoshop is CS3, but it's pricey.
Thank you for that now I understand I think :offtopic: BY the way I love your quote under your profile photo we lost our Woody Boy 12 months ago on Monday and I still miss him terribly. :wave:

You're welcome :rofl:

Thanks for the kind words...Diva died last February so it's been almost 15 months and my heart still hurts so much it takes my breath away. She was that one in a billion.