I Need A Camera!

Kyra

Heya! ;)

I'm after a fairly good digital camera but have no idea where to start! As most of you probably already noticed from my crappy photos of Kyra, that I'm currently using a mobile phone camera, how good am I :p :D Anyway, I can only afford around the $200-$250 mark at the moment so for all of you guys who know a bit about cameras, what are a few I should look into that are in my price range?

:D

It depends on what you are looking for from a camera. Most lower budget digital cameras (I've found) have a wee issue with low light or indoor shots - and just cramming more pixels into the tiny sensors doesn't help things in that area let me tell you!

Last Christmas, I bought a couple of Canon Powershot A460's for my cousin's kids (at $138 each) - and they actually take very nice photos!!! They are 5 megapixel, with 3x optical zoom, and are touted as very good entry level cameras...

I have a Canon Powershot S5 IS, and love it to death - but they retail somewhat out of the budget you have described above... errr!

I wish I could afford an EOS and have the time to to learn how to use it... lol!

T.