Focusing On Me

:)

Just after some advice here. My Kaiser focuses on anything and everything except for ME! If I could somehow channel the amount of concentration and focus he has for his footy on to me he'd be a brilliant!

I have started to teach him to make eye contact with me using chunks of polony and that is going very well.

Is there anything els i could do/use??

:laugh:

Jean

I've got a girl who is exactly the same, after months of training I can get her attention when I say Watch but as soon as she's rewarded she'll start looking everywhere else.

I've been doing the same training (I've tryed different foods and treats, toys and games) as you so I'll be watching for any advice on what else might work.

Yes, if you get hold of the Balabanov dvds, it shows you how to get the focus off your dogs prey item, and onto you, by making sure the dog understands that you own the item, and in order to get the item, focus needs to be on you.

Have you looked at the threads on training in drive? That should give you some ideas. That mainly uses tug.

Diesel doesn't have much prey drive, but Kaos does. Even so, Kaos won't tug outside of home, but loves his squeaky toy, so I use that. I've done lots of focus using the squeaky and also use it for agility, handy when you want them to go ahead and you can throw the toy or put the toy at the end and send over jumps. Will he bring back a toy if thrown?

Yes, if you get hold of the Balabanov dvds, it shows you how to get the focus off your dogs prey item, and onto you, by making sure the dog understands that you own the item, and in order to get the item, focus needs to be on you.

Where do people buy his DVDs from?

Where do people buy his DVDs from?

Here: www.caninetrainingsystems.com

Edited by Luke W

If I could somehow channel the amount of concentration and focus he has for his footy on to me he'd be a brilliant!

Try holding at your shoulder etc/rewarding with his favourite.........the footy. Only use the item when training.

hi, you need to go right back to the beginning. Teach him to focus on you at home in a room with no distractions. Only when he is giving you consistent focus there can you move to another room in the house and then into his yard. Start introducing distraction slowly and if he gets distracted go back a step until he is more focused. You need to do this slowly. You are just expecting too much too soon.

JD