How Much Protein?

No expert here... but I think, given a good raw diet, your puppy will get the perfect protein levels:)

Dogs DID evolve to eat large quantities of high protein meat- either muscle meat/organs/ connective tissue and bones.

What sort of food are you feeding? Do you think it has too much protein in it?

AFAIK, dogs excrete excess protein quite well...

Guest magnum

Puppies need good levels of Protein for growth :eek: Puppy food are aften high in Protein & fat for growth of pups, a good quality dry good would be best for a puppy.

remember our dogs are not wild canids any more so I disagree with the more the merrier.

I stick to a good dry like Eagle Pack/Royal Canin for the large/giant breeds supplemented with raw meaty bones and table scraps. Havnt gone wrong yet.

Guest magnum

those brands would have good levels of Protein in them :rofl: The only time we really watch Protein levels is over the major growth which is around 6 months, some pups need to be cut back as they can grow too fast & som are fine to keep going..

Yes fresh meat, raw bones are a must I can never really understand just feeding dry food but each to their own there :rofl: I'm happy with my diet & it's been working for years now..