Sydney Lure Coursing Fun Days

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah, I should've said I learnt my lesson on all the previous occasions when I brought more than one dog and no crates. Especially the time I had three and no OH and I pulled a muscle in my shoulder :rofl:

WOW for the superglue!, but her split is not only just split its also open on an angle thing, I dont think it will work, will try to take a pic to show you.

Re crates and dogs.

I always knew that stadning in line with the dog at LC is a bad idea, so I always had the dog in the car and stood in the line by myslef and got the dog just before the run. But after Divani had a serious go at the METAL cargo barrier in my car leaving it all nice and prettied up with her tooth markings I always bring a crate to LC. I set it up behind the car so she cant see where the run is and that way its kinda OK.... I only get pulled down the hill on the way to the run, and its not that far away.

I took my friends dobie girl (Rexs daughter) to LC. She had a flat collar, a check chain and a prong on her and I had trouble holding her and for her not to wiggle herself out of the equipment. She did however ripp the leash out of my hand TWICE and had a free run with other dogs.

Im not sure but maybe it was the day that Sue (lady that runs it) decided that if she is going to get a dog for LC (she has afghans) she should get a dobie :rofl: And now she has one :rofl:

You coming today Ruth?

Yup! Me and the piglet and a crate :)

I'm thinking about going! I have to get my boy in training for that big staffy comp!....I will deffo go to that ruth! looks like a fun day,,,

Doesn't it just! Can't wait!

Ok we'll be there. Probably only run Toppy though, will see how Darcy feels. He just went out to vomit (not worrying in itself because he has stomach issues) but then collapsed. Want to keep an eye on him so he has to come with me.

Well one of my fosters certainly gave me the surprise of my life. For a working breed (cattle/kelpie), he is so incredibly mellow and has a real "take it or leave it" attitude. From the second we lined up he had his eye on the lure and ran so naturally after it every time. I have had him a few months and he has never shown such a sustained interest on anything like he did today. The other foster had a good run the first time but only made it about 3m the second time before giving up...

Once again, Delta did her "what do you mean you taught me what come means?" routine and insisted on going to the other end of the course before I could call her to me (at which point she would come straight away :rolleyes:) Who knows what goes on in that head of hers. At least both of mine were keen right from the start this time, and even managed to show Dudley the Briard what to do (although I suspect he was simply chasing my dogs :eek:)

I convinced my sister to take her dog Missy as the poor dog rarely leaves the house. My sister is so paranoid about her showing aggression (she never has mind you) that she wont take her around lots of dogs. Catch 22 as she now gets so excited to be around other dogs that she is a nutcase and has to be kept at a distance. All I had to tell her was that I found something Missy would like doing- chasing plastic bags! She thought it sounded like such a stupid thing for a dog to like that it just may appeal to Missy. Im glad she did as Missy had a grand old time running after it then sliding onto it at the end, even managed to roll on it as though it was something smelly :love:

I was in and out like a flash! 3 runs in 90 minutes and then home :love:

It was a bit hot again today so I didn't want to stick around too long.

I had my camera but I didn't trust Angel alone in her crate. It's not the sturdiest model on the market :rolleyes: Did your boyf get any pics Poocow?

Yeah! It's pretty rare, but occasionally a dog will escape and run the course. I've only ever seen one fight and that was up at the cars between two entire dogs. It could've happened anywhere.

Just give yourself plenty of room when you queue up as most of the dogs are waaay over excited. Or do what others do and queue up without your dog and then just bring it down to run when it's your turn. You should come next time. The dates are in the first post.

Only got photos of my own dogs sorry, taken by Phil (the owner of the Briard).

Photos are here

Or do what others do and queue up without your dog and then just bring it down to run when it's your turn

Unlike me- at one point I was lining up with 4 dogs at once, then one decided to do a poo which isn't the easiest thing to pick up when you are juggling 4 dogs... Thank god for sisters, although the 2 she took managed to pull her over at one point, I looked over and she was on her stomach :rolleyes:

• 4 weeks later...

Bump for Sunday. I have to work so I won't be there. Have fun without me :)

ETA from the email list ...

If it is raining or has rained alot over night we won't run it - too many problems with the lure and wet grass
Edited by ruthless