Plastic Chew Toys

I own an Amstaff and he has a few of those plastic chew bones. I was watching him tonight happily chewing away as the family was watching TV and I thought - can they actually be bad for him?

I mean it is plastic after all, and though they say 100% natural, or non harmful for dogs, ham flavoured and so on - at the end of the day is it plastic.

Does anyone know of something for a dog to chew that is 100% natural, yet will go the distance with a powerful jaw?

I do give him pigs ears, but he can chew a pigs ear and finish it off in a couple of minutes.

Fresh bones are for outdoors only, so what does that leave for indoor chewing? He is an inside pet.

Cheers.

I don't give any of my dogs plastic toys. They do get rubber toys, as its (generally) a natural product.

Plastic chew toys were banned years ago for human babies because they were considered to be carcinogenic, yet our fur-kids are allowed to have them? Not in my house.

There is a brand of dogtoys that zoo's give to tigers. Cant think of the damn name of them though. Amstaff's make short work of most things. If you go to www.mydogtoy.com you might get a better idea of something appropriate for them to chew. www.maadipets.com.au also (I think) have a range of Amstaff-Staffie-tough toys.

Hope this helps!

Good luck with it.

I got our Amstaffs some "smoked shank bones" Im not sure how they treat them, but they smell much like a pigs ear, but last a fair bit longer. I also got my young boy a Cuz squeaky toy and he has yet to chew any bits off.

I also got my young boy a Cuz squeaky toy and he has yet to chew any bits off.

I second the Cuz toy. :cheer:

Although i have a Boxer and not an Amstaff. Bomber has had it for ages, we even play tug with it and it is still in an excellent condition.

Best place i could find to purchase them from was petnetwork.com.au.

:laugh: