Recommend Vet, Picton Nsw

G'Day Crew,

Just wondering if you could recommend a great vet in the Picton, Tahmoor or Thirlmere area's of NSW. Would prefer personal experience and satisfaction on treating your beloved animal. Would prefer a vet that has good knowledge or experience with GSD's (probably asking too much!!).

Hopefully will get some replies.

Otherwise Samantha is doing really well, doing everything she shouldnt, but she is teaching me patience etc. :)

We are finally off to puppy preschool tonight, as I understand it there are 2 other GSD's attending. Will be an experience I am sure......... Will be good to speak with other new owners.

Regards,

The areas you mention are teaming with dog breeders, the best Vets are the ones all the show dog/breeders go to........There is one around there, but I think the main one is Bowral they travel to........

The areas you mention are teaming with dog breeders, the best Vets are the ones all the show dog/breeders go to........There is one around there, but I think the main one is Bowral they travel to........

Ive just been told they mostly go to Bowral, but Thirlmere is good & half the price.

My GSD girl was bred in this area & I know her breeder thoroughly recommends Karen Hedberg who is a very well known vet/GSD expert. Her contact details used to be :

North Richmond Vet Hospital

36 Bells Line of Road,

North Richmond

PH - 0245 712 042

Never used her myself but I know a number who swear that they won't take their GSD anywhere else.

I would say Thirlmere or Bargo as they are connected, run by the same people and they are very nice people. We have had no problem with the two vet and if you are a registered breeder you get a discound on your visit.

They gave us a whole heap of puppy packs for our puppies and lots of treats for our puppies.

Thankyou for all the great information and taking the time to submit a reply, I really appreciate it. It is not like getting your car serviced keep trying different mechanics untill you find a good one then stick with them. I would rather find a good vet from the start, someone that is honest, well trained and knowledgeable about my breed and has very clean sterile facilities!!

Scottie, I have spoken to Karen, my GSD Breeder (Amberg - Hi Lee!!) only visits Karen, sounds like Karen is an excellent vet, especially when it comes to GSD's, trouble is it will take about an 1 hour to get there, not really a problem for a general checkup etc, but after hours emergency would be nice to have someone I could trust.

On a side note, we had our first puppy preschool class last night, it went extremely well, with all puppies working very hard and playing well. Learnt a few things as well!!

Thanks again.

Wollondilly Animal Hospital - 356 Remembrance Drive Picton.

Rhys is lovely, and he also has a lovely vet that works there & at their branch practice at The Oaks, Vanene.

I have found them to be really friendly.