Trilostane Cost

Recently got diagnosis of Cushings for one of my beautiful girls and I need to put her on Trilostane .. can anyone tell me the cheapest place to obtain this from as Im on a pension and desperately want to get her medication asap .. thx in advance for any help

Do what I do. Get the vet to write a script and go to Chemist Warehouse and get the medication

Thanks for the quick reply .. but Ive been told by the Vet that it has to be made up by a compound chemist as it is not available in ready made form

A compounding chemist will be able to break the tablets down and put into a suspension for dose sizes. I do not think that Chemist Warehouse have it (it is not on their website). I used to import it from England for my Cushpup, but Customs put a stop to that. Eventually I could only get it from the vet. It is worth phoning all the of the chemists in your area to see if any of them can get the drug, then you can take a script in from the vet (this is what they do in the US), but it is not often available to us in Oz.

• 3 months later...
Recently got diagnosis of Cushings for one of my beautiful girls and I need to put her on Trilostane .. can anyone tell me the cheapest place to obtain this from as Im on a pension and desperately want to get her medication asap .. thx in advance for any help

Hello, not sure if you are still using Trilostane, but I have had to put my dog down due to blindness and she was using Trilostane. If you should need any please let me know.

Chicken1

Hello, not sure if you are still using Trilostane, but I have had to put my dog down due to blindness and she was using Trilostane. If you should need any please let me know.

Chicken1

Sorry took me so long to reply accidently lost the email and had a hard drive crash too so i lost the forum address too have been searching for it..

Firstly let me say how sorry i am for your loss Ive been down that road a few times with much loved pets..

and my answer is yes .. i do still need Trilostane for her... here is my email address [email protected]