Is There A Good Dog Chiro In Perth?

A few years ago when I was visiting a different state for a Specialty with my dogs I went with a friend I was staying with to a doggy chiro. I was really impressed at how well this guy new the muscles, etc. He was able to tell me that my young pup had had a leg injury due to thickening of something and right enough she had been limping a while back on that leg. Anyway the reason for my writing is that this chap was in Victoria and I'm just wondering if we have a good doggy chiro or similar in Perth that it would be worthwhile paying to check my dogs over. Does anyone have any recommendations?

PM Ptolomy :idea: . Nah Liz Franks (Mill Point Vet Clinic) seems to be the most highly recommended over there - isn't cheap but certainly is among the best I have been to. I took my girl there when we were over in Perth just before Christmas and it seemed to have permanently fixed a few of her issues she was having. A lot of the agility people in WA use her - Ptolomy included.

Yep Liz Franks - works out of MillPoint Vet Centre which is opposite the zoo on a Monday afternoon.

However, I have started going to Deb Nook who is an American vet who does accupuncture and she works from home which is in Riverton and she is brilliant. My dog has been injured for 18 months and we have had the best results since seeing her.

Tracey Hockley is in Jandakot and she does bowen which is great for my old girl

• 2 weeks later...
PM Ptolomy :laugh: . Nah Liz Franks (Mill Point Vet Clinic) seems to be the most highly recommended over there - isn't cheap but certainly is among the best I have been to.

I saw Liz Frank this afternoon. Her fee was $49.50 (inclusive of GST)

PM Ptolomy :thumbsup: . Nah Liz Franks (Mill Point Vet Clinic) seems to be the most highly recommended over there - isn't cheap but certainly is among the best I have been to.

I saw Liz Frank this afternoon. Her fee was $49.50 (inclusive of GST)

That sounds like a review consult with needles LOL

The initial consult is usually a bit more expensive :thumbsup:

To treat the dog if needs be - they use the needles to activate the trigger points. The initial consult was around $100. Most times you might need more than one treatment to fix the problem permanently.

I don't have a dog with a problem as such it was more that I wanted to get the dogs checked over prior to some big shows coming up later in the year. So it will be like a maintenance check to make sure everything is in alignment and as it should be. If I took along 4 dogs $400 would be pretty steep I suppose.

If you think there are no problems with your dogs and you just want them checked - you could try Tracy Hockley who does bowen therapy - a lot of the show people take their dogs to see her. She charges $30 per dog and is wonderful with the dogs. She is in Jandakot - Pm me if you want her contact phone number.

Yep $400 is probably pretty steep if you don't expect anything to be the matter however Liz is certainly good IF you suspect there is a problem and well worth the money (and having your arm twisted by Ptolomy :thumbsup: ). I had thought all our problems were solved until Ness had a consult with Liz and she found a zillion other things wrong with her and 3 visits later 6 months down the track there is no sign of anything having returned.

Tracy is good but at present very booked out.The thing is with Bowen & the likes one visit doesnt cut it,these services are all about year to year maintance.

I use Tracy & have my dates booked till the end of the year for maintance & special events

There is a Bowen person in Southern RIver corner of Talbot rd i think it is,has the sign out the front ,First house off ranford rd

Edited by settrlvr

Thanks for the responses. Now I'm confused a review fee with needles - what do they use needles for?

Our consult with Liz for which I paid $49.50 was the fourth visit. For each of the 4 visits - including the initial consult, I was charged the same amount, ie $49.50. For each treatment she used accupuncture needles.

Edited by PatJRH