Odd Red Spot On Scarlet's Thigh/stomach

Just discovered this large-ish red spot on Scarlet's thigh/stomach and wondering if anyone has any idea what it is. We put some of this on it and will try some Paw Paw if that doesn't seem to make any difference. It doesn't really seem to be bothering her, but would still be interested to know what it is, particularly if it gets worse-

IMG_0945.jpg

Edited by iltby

Can't imagine it would be a burn, she's never been near an open flame...possibly a chemical burn but I imagine that would cause a lot of pain?

Doesn't really look like a scratch or scrape, all I could think was a rash from some sort of plant but I don't think we have any ivy or things like that :/

Hi iltby

Looks like the beginning of a heat spot to me.

There are many references to this on Dogz have a search.

With the Akita's we clean the area and apply neocourt ointment, gone in few days.

We have been very lucky we get them rarley with our akita's.

Hope this helps.

Kind Regards

Malisa

www.kaishoakitas.com

Thanks Malisa, it's still around today and someone else mentioned Neocourt to me so I'll look into it. One of our Goldies used to get hot spots and to be honest it doesn't really look like one, but I will keep a look out for changes.

Out of curiousity, does it look like a rash caused by Ivy? Turns out we do have some in our back yard.

Edited by iltby

Thanks Malisa, it's still around today and someone else mentioned Neocourt to me so I'll look into it. One of our Goldies used to get hot spots and to be honest it doesn't really look like one, but I will keep a look out for changes.

Out of curiousity, does it look like a rash caused by Ivy? Turns out we do have some in our back yard.

Hi itbity

From the photo looks like the heat spot before they turn pussy and yuk (ones we used to get on the rottys) awful stuff :laugh:

Poor baby take her to the vet and see what they say if you are worried.

Neocourt is great stuff the dogs hate it but it works a treat.

We do not have ivy here, so can't comment.

Kind Regards

Malisa

Hi itbity

From the photo looks like the heat spot before they turn pussy and yuk (ones we used to get on the rottys) awful stuff :)

Kind Regards

Malisa

Thanks again for your help Malisa, it seems to be entirely gone now, so who knows what it was :) Obviously nothing serious but I'll keep an eye out in case it returns - would still like to know what it was.

Hi itbity

From the photo looks like the heat spot before they turn pussy and yuk (ones we used to get on the rottys) awful stuff :)

Kind Regards

Malisa

Thanks again for your help Malisa, it seems to be entirely gone now, so who knows what it was :confused: Obviously nothing serious but I'll keep an eye out in case it returns - would still like to know what it was.

Hi Itybity

Well very glad it has gone away.

Keep an eye on it just incase.

Malisa