Thumbs Up For B&h Photos And Sigma4less

piper

A massive thumbs up to both these companies. Their service is just fantastic. I rodered a lens from sigma4less and a flash from B&H late last Wednesday night, paid for standard shipping and have already received both items!!

B&H were particularly good - I would have had the flash on Monday except that I wasn't home for the courier driver then they failed to turn up during the time I had said to them yesterday so I finally got it today. The lens was shipped 1 day later as sigma4less do a verification of new international customers and I did not check email from when I ordered it on Wed night until after work Thursday, or else I probably would have got that on Monday or Tuesday as well.

So if anyone is thinking of getting new camera equipment, I would highly recommend either business. Thanks to whoever it was that suggested them on here. And with the exchange rate so strong, both items cost less than the lens alone over here in Australia.

I have already decided that my kit lens will probably never return to my camera again and I will probably not bother with the onboard flash either! I have only rattled off 10 or 20 pictures just to try out different things and they are much sharper than with the kit lens. I used the flash in a room so dark could hardly see the dog I was focusing on and the pictures did not over expose at all and through using the bounce head there is no red eye or reflection :eek:

Edited by piper

I love B&H. I ordered my 30D off them, Canon 1.4 teleconverter too.

Just last week I ordered 'skin' cover for the 30D's screen so it won't get scratched, a graduated filter (not a crappy Cokin either) and a cable release for the 30D and the price was just over AUD$100 and I received it in 3 days from New York.

Edited by Ripley

I love B&H. I ordered my 30D off them, Canon 1.4 teleconverter too.

Just last week I ordered 'skin' cover for the 30D's screen so it won't get scratched, a graduated filter (not a crappy Cokin either) and a cable release for the 30D and the price was just over AUD$100 and I received it in 3 days from New York.

Yeah their service is amazing - quicker than getting things locally! I found their tracking link really good too - my order had left the US by the time I got out of bed the next morning, so it was packed and shipped within about 8 - 10 hours.

Glad to hear you had good experiences with both companies. I love sigma4less and often recommend them. B&H always rocks, too!

I find it amazing that I receive things ordered from these companies in less than half the time as I get things from the east coast of Australia.

• 2 weeks later...
do you have to pay duty on things imported like this?

It depends on the amount spent. I didn't with my orders. I am not sure what the limit is before duty is applied, I think it is close to $1000?

A massive thumbs up to both these companies. Their service is just fantastic. I rodered a lens from sigma4less and a flash from B&H late last Wednesday night, paid for standard shipping and have already received both items!!

B&H were particularly good - I would have had the flash on Monday except that I wasn't home for the courier driver then they failed to turn up during the time I had said to them yesterday so I finally got it today. The lens was shipped 1 day later as sigma4less do a verification of new international customers and I did not check email from when I ordered it on Wed night until after work Thursday, or else I probably would have got that on Monday or Tuesday as well.

So if anyone is thinking of getting new camera equipment, I would highly recommend either business. Thanks to whoever it was that suggested them on here. And with the exchange rate so strong, both items cost less than the lens alone over here in Australia.

I have already decided that my kit lens will probably never return to my camera again and I will probably not bother with the onboard flash either! I have only rattled off 10 or 20 pictures just to try out different things and they are much sharper than with the kit lens. I used the flash in a room so dark could hardly see the dog I was focusing on and the pictures did not over expose at all and through using the bounce head there is no red eye or reflection :laugh:

Wish I had of seen this post before I bought my new 105mm Nikor lens they are just over $100 cheaper :laugh:

Yep, it's certainly worth keeping in mind, especially if our $$ takes off again like it was a few weeks ago.

Yes, my tax retrn came in at the perfect time. I got my lens and flash when then dollar was something like 98c so it was a huge saving.