Desexed Tuesday And Omg

Day 4, My Boris is a MONSTER!

Hes being a ASS! Aggressive to other small female dog and shes submissive to him , you would think hes starved,

and just really full on!, Wont let her eat, I have to sneak her food!

Im wondering if hes coming down off a cortisone or something they gave him because hes never been

this bad..... he even growled at my son through the door who loves him! WTF is the matter with him!

Vet did say they gave him a huge dose of something for pain/inflamation, could that be it?

If hes still like this on Monday, hes goin back to the vet...

When I had my adult boy desexed he become really aggresive towards my other dog of the time. I took him back to the vet and he gave him a hormone shot of female hormone (they use it for cats that fight a lot). It took a couple of days and he was back to his usual happy self and has never shown agression since. It probably saved his life as my rotti boy was starting to get jack of him.

Thanks for that,

Sounds the same as my boy, hes had this shot before and he has done the same thing but hes never got this higher dose before so as I understand it, the higher the dose, the harder the withdrawl'? . thats why they say to wean them off it, except being a needle I cant do that....... I might do like you said and give him a female hormone shot, cause if this keeps up hes going to be in the dog house so bad!! I cant let him do that to my kids. He even kind of went me and he never does that, Im the one he usually behaves for........ little big shiet!

When I had my adult boy desexed he become really aggresive towards my other dog of the time. I took him back to the vet and he gave him a hormone shot of female hormone (they use it for cats that fight a lot). It took a couple of days and he was back to his usual happy self and has never shown agression since. It probably saved his life as my rotti boy was starting to get jack of him.

Could it be pain related? How does the incision site look? Is it red, inflamed or oozing, has he pulled at stitches? Pain can cause interesting reactions not normally seen so ti could just be that he is really sore and sensitive.

I would definitely get him checked on Monday if he has not started to settle and is not normally like this. In the meantime be extra vigilant with managing him and keep the dogs seperate at meal times.

Good luck, hope it is nothing too serious and is as simple as he is just a bit sore and grumpy and it soon settles down for you.

It does look a little red from what I can see but it dosent appear to be bothering him.. the vet said they put the stitches on the inside somehow so he couldnt pull at them and also dissolvable ones due him being impossible to stand still to have them removed........This morning he seems abit quieter so maybe it was a bad few days.... time will tell......

Hes normally a hyperactive dog, but never aggressive so I think its just the unusual situation and they were some bloody big nuts to get chopped off LOL, might be sore...I would be hehe

Could it be pain related? How does the incision site look? Is it red, inflamed or oozing, has he pulled at stitches? Pain can cause interesting reactions not normally seen so ti could just be that he is really sore and sensitive.

I would definitely get him checked on Monday if he has not started to settle and is not normally like this. In the meantime be extra vigilant with managing him and keep the dogs seperate at meal times.

Good luck, hope it is nothing too serious and is as simple as he is just a bit sore and grumpy and it soon settles down for you.