Rip Winston (ch Imoen First Appearance)

Imoenboxers

Winston (CH Imoen First appearance), my first born pup out of my first litter in 2001, was sent over the rainbow bridge last night ......

post-7020-1218511904_thumb.jpg

Winston took a hit for the worse yesterday. I found him out in the backyard (he was suppsoe to be inside) when I got up that morning not being able to move and frozen, was cold that night!. I picked him up and put him in my bed which is where he had been sleeping until a couple of days ago to warm up, thinking that is all he needed. How nieve I was, but maybe i didn't want to face the truth either..........

Winston Turned 7 years old on Wednesday where he started to walk funny on his back legs. Thursday checkup and Friday Xray's showed severe arthuritis..... Steroids were suppose to help him, but he had also gotten pneumonia as well!

I and his mum (Soda) and my best friend Ali wished him a great journey and to told him to say hello to Zelda and Holly, Wins neices, who we also recently lost.....

I am hoping his mum copes okay with the loss, as I cannot handle anymore being sent over the bridge this year .....

Winston (6/08/01 - 11/08/08) you were my world baby boy and coming home without your boxer wiggle will be heart breaking... Just remember Mummy will always love you...... Bye baby boy! Forever in my heart, which feels like it is breaking every moment..........

Until we meet again....

Edited by Imoenboxers

• 1 month later...

Mel,

We were so very sad when we heard about Winston. Although we only knew him for a short time ... we too shed many tears for you, Soda and the gang. May you be at peace knowing that at Imoen he was so very loved and so very special to not only the "gang", but also those who were lucky enough to be part of your boxer family. I know too well that heavy feeling your heart has after losing such a special baby ..... but with time the heaviness lightens and is replaced by a proud smile, everytime you think of your baby. I have created a photo wall of Sabre, Bella and Lewis and so now every time I walk into the loungeroom I look up at my big girl and she is still part of my every day. ... up there with the babies I have now !!!! Winston was a credit to you Mel ..... an absolute joy.

Love Erin, Luke, Bella and Winnie's nephew Lewis xx

Edited by Bellaboo