Poop Comes Out

Cody is seven years and 8 months old. Twice now he has popped out an inch long piece of poo while on his bed. He seems oblivious to it, doesn't move to do it and doesn't fuss.

This is a dog who will only poo on the garden because he doesn't like it on the places he likes to play, eat, sleep etc.

The poo is solid so I imagine he'd have to relax the muscles for it to come out.

Should I be concerned? It's happened twice in a matter of about three months.

Off to the vets for you Lofty!

Yep, poor boy. Three times in one week is a bit more than dreaming. ;) And that's just what i've seen, there could be more times when he's outside.

Cody is booked in to see the vet next Thursday. I took him in today mainly because he loves going there but also so I could weigh him. Had a chat to the nurse when I booked him in and she said it was very unusual because it is not runny and he is so happy and otherwise healthy. He weighs 33kg at the moment which I'm happy with as it's around what the vet said I should be aiming for with him.

So next Thursday we will see what's going on.

Oh and I forgot, when we were there a lady in the waiting room took a photo of Cody on her phone. Didn't ask or anything, just took it. Doesn't matter to me, I'd just never ever take a photo of someone's dog without their permission.

Edited by Lofty

Same thing has started happenign with Sophie. Walked intot he loungerrom the other night and there is just a random big dog poo on the ground. okay, weird, clean it up. Told mum the next morning and she said she'd found one in the kitchen a few days earlier.

A few days after that she said it was Sophie, she saw her lying in the loungeroom with her "teapot tail" where she curls it under herself so its almsot like a handle lol and there was poo coming out, she said her name, Sophie stood up and it just sucked back in (gross)

And her hearing is going... and she's getting sore again (needs more catrophen) off to the vet time.