Delete.

Bonnie N Her Aussie

Large ungulate bones should never be fed to any dog due to splintering and also due to teeth wearing.

All bones should be supervised with any puppy!!

I feed raw and have had to pull bones from the tops of pallettes on more than one occassion. Doing it with a dog in distress is not an easy task.

If you must give her something then give her a 4 x 2 biscuit and leave it at that for a night time snack.

I hope Millie recovers quickly and i am sure the vet will be sending her home with an elizabethan collar or a sock on her foot.

Oh poor baby, what a fright!

When Gypsy was loosing her baby teeth one broke off at a funny angle and cut her gums and was bleeding a lot, gave me the biggest scare and I rushed off to the Vet. She was fine and wasn't in any obvious pain but seeing all that blood made my heart skip a beat!

I only give soft bones that the dog can totally digest - normally chicken frames. More to make sure there is nothing to fight over later.

On a side note, why do you leave food out all the time? There are many benefits to having a set number of feeds as opposed to free feeding.

Please do some research as to what bones are appropriate and which arent on a BARF or RAW diet.

Large ungulate bones which in general are large marrow bones are not appropriate for any dog ever.

Millie should not have bones left with her overnight. She should be getting 2 meals a day at minimum and supervised feeding at that.

There are plenty of threads on DOL as to what and what isnt appropriate with links in many cases.

"or with a better explanation, or with more heart. If you have nothing nice to say, generally it's just as nice to keep your mouth closed.

I don't see how you can improve the situation at all with comments like that. No offence, but I don't appreciate it.'

I dont care if it was harsh,it is reality .Bones can be very dangerous given unsupervised & you are very lucky.

Like Wylie sad they do get stuck to there pallette & pulling them out of a distressed dog isnt easy .

Bones arent play toys just like beef hides,pig ears they are all things to be given supervised .

Giant marrowbones dont clean the teeth but infact where them down as they are too hard .

"I've been giving her the large marrow bones as they are bigger and not so breakable and risky"

Sadly you have now learnt that there not

.What does your breeder say about marrow bones??

I am sure she will be ok, I certainly have had some incidents with bones here too :( I try to give knuckle bones when i can get them but I do also give marrows. Only thing I was wondering is why she cannot be in the house with you which would be safer all around :) I love Aussies and am part of Aussie Rescue. anneh