Heart Murmur

Kyra

• Replies 48
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

So glad that Brodie doesn't have something wrong with his actual heart. It's still a worry but it seems fixable.

I am very very suprised and almost thinking that the vet that gave Brodie his first two injections whilst he was with the breeder is incompetent not to have found his racing heart. The first things vets do is listen to a dogs heart when you take them in for a consult.

I would be telling the breeder to get another vet. But just maybe the breeders vet did find the racing heart and did inform the breeder of this and they are lying to you. Hopefully this isn't the case.

I'm very shocked too. The first thing my vet did was check his heart and almost jumped out of his skin after realising how fast it was going.

Brodie is in for his ECG today and we're picking him up in 2 hours. Fingers crossed.

I'm a bit stressed at the moment. I hate waiting for results :mad

Turns out whatever was causing the high heartbeat has gone, his heartbeat didn't get past 250 the whole time he was there however we are taking him back today and tomorrow for more ECG's as the vet thinks it could just be that we caught him on a good day. When we picked him up Kyra tagged along and got him all roughed up but still, his heart didn't go past 240 even when he was in a crazy zoomie mood :laugh:

Our vet is doing these two free of charge but hopefully it's all cleared up and we have a healthy pup after all!! ;):)